PDA

View Full Version : Ran an A6 Today in my little 2.8

michael66899
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
This morning on my way to school I pulled up next to a 2.7t A6 at a stoplight. The guy driving made a hand motion to race so I figured hell why not as there was an empty two lane highway in front of us. We both took off on green and I only got a little ahead on the lauch because I bogged it (it is a 2.8 after all). I managed to stay ahead all the way up to 100 with his front bumper even with my rear door. Just past 100 he started to pull in front of me and then we both let off a little past 110 with my bumper even with his front door. Seemed like a cool guy and we both gave eachother the thumbs up. I was pretty surprised as the only real mods, if you can call them that, on my car are a spec clutch, magnaflow cats (original ones were dead) and a K&N drop in, but my car is a stick. I'm sure the guy had to have an auto, but still despite the weight and tranny I still thought he would pull on me. Anyone else on here have experience racing those 2.7t A6s?

MikeWasHere05
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
This morning on my way to school I pulled up next to a 2.7t A6 at a stoplight. The guy driving made a hand motion to race so I figured hell why not as there was an empty two lane highway in front of us. We both took off on green and I only got a little ahead on the lauch because I bogged it (it is a 2.8 after all). I managed to stay ahead all the way up to 100 with his front bumper even with my rear door. Just past 100 he started to pull in front of me and then we both let off a little past 110 with my bumper even with his front door. Seemed like a cool guy and we both gave eachother the thumbs up. I was pretty surprised as the only real mods, if you can call them that, on my car are a spec clutch, magnaflow cats (original ones were dead) and a K&N drop in, but my car is a stick. I'm sure the guy had to have an auto, but still despite the weight and tranny I still thought he would pull on me. Anyone else on here have experience racing those 2.7t A6s?
I have an odd feeling that he wasn't trying...

loustylez
05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
yah dude, that A6 shouldn't have let you have a lead for very long at all i would think.

97audia4
05-23-2007, 10:57 AM
a 2.7 t would smoke you, just think its your motor basically with 2 ko3's

Nebone
05-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I ran one before on a highway. I was cruising and we both nailed it. I kept ahead the entire time but not by much. His 2.7T must have been stock and it sounded to be an auto. They are heavy cars FYI.

michael66899
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Ya he was definately on it, I'd find it hard to believe he would just drive next to me not trying all the way up to 110, and it was definately an auto. The guy does live near me and I've seen him driving around before, so if I see him again I'll talk to him and try to get you guys a video. If ya don't believe me go run one, ha you might be surprised, their a heavy car.

TurbousMaximus
05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
http://jolle.se/imgs/cookie.jpg

coyote24mn
05-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I raced a stock 2.7T A6 in my supercharged 2.8 and barely came out ahead. If the A6 was chipped I believe he would have beat me. I have driven 2.7T A6's and though they are heavy, pick up very well in the high end (duh, two turbos). They are pretty quick for being a pretty luxurious sedan. I wish I could afford one.

Rosati
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I have an odd feeling that he wasn't trying...

FYI: People racing at 100+ mph are trying.

although the matchup seems to be a given, you never know prob an auto

Nor_Cal_Driver
05-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Nice race, glad you had fun in your Audi. My sister wants to buy one of the 2.7t a6's at the moment but the one she found has orig k03s w/ 75K on the clock.[down]

AUD-A4
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
nice win!!!

CaSp3r9
05-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Good job man. I don't think you're lying or anything but he had to be auto. I was playing around with an A6 2.7t 6-spd on the highway a while back and it seemed to be much faster than my car. I thought it was chipped but later found out it was bone stock from talking to the guy. My mods are in my sig FWIW.

michael66899
05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Ya thanks guys I'll try to find the guy again and take a video, its kind of cool going side by side with someone for that long. And if was definately a stock auto. Oh and thanks for the cookie, chocolate chip is my favorite.

ebukur
05-23-2007, 11:47 PM
i dont tink the a6 was trying, because my brother has the 2.8 motor in his a4 and i raced him 100 times, and i still beat him of the line and anytime in my A6 2.7, and he is a very good driver, maybe it was not a A6 2.7t , it might have been an A6 2.8

Rosati
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
i dont tink the a6 was trying, because my brother has the 2.8 motor in his a4 and i raced him 100 times, and i still beat him of the line and anytime in my A6 2.7, and he is a very good driver, maybe it was not a A6 2.7t , it might have been an A6 2.8

you have and have raced w/ a manual and they werent racing from the line.

Btw, The 2.8 A6's look like Big Bugs and are significantly uglier than 2.7T sport models [up] I think he'd know

unless he didnt? Did it have 5 spoke or BBS Style rims?

Euro-Tuner
05-24-2007, 07:01 AM
...they werent racing from the line.

yeah they were, he said he bogged....

We both took off on green and I only got a little ahead on the lauch because I bogged it

I cant believe no one has flamed for street racing...Im really surprised!

Rosati
05-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah i meant to word it in the sense that hes a manual tranny which is day vs night when it comes to the line.

Ebukur: How do you like your A6 compared to the B5, Ive been considering getting one to keep or sell....

And yeah, why are we street racing A6 and A4's! embaressing i tell you!

bmw4brkfast
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
i followed an a6 2.7t up a long straight hill (harris hill, if anyones familiar with the glider capitol of the world, i live on the same hill) and he seemed like a cool guy. definately had some suspension and exhaust work done. all that i could tell from the outside. but at first i hung with him and about mid slope up the hill he was pulling at a good rate away from me. I think you either got lucky and the guy didnt know how to drive or he's definately auto and stock. those cars are heavy, but quick.

michael66899
05-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Ya it was definately a 2.7t I saw the badging on the back and they look a hell of a lot better than the 2.8s, but ya I thought you guys might give me crap for racing but hey he was the one yelling go on green so I figure what the hell why not. But ya just looks like I'm gonna have to get a video for you guys, or if you get a chance find a auto at a dealer and test drive it.

BranCKY3
05-24-2007, 09:11 AM
IIRC the auto version is a lot slower than the 6spd. I test drove a stock 6spd and it felt a lot faster than my chipped 1.8T, which will all know will pull on a 2.8 no problem.