PDA

View Full Version : Tri-state area, be alert, an R8 is on the road!

YZracer
05-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Was heading to my internship today from Armonk to Chappaqua taking 120 and what I came up 4 cars behind I couldn't believe. It was an R8, a full production R8. I knew they aren't for sale yet so I had to get close. A dotted yellow line came up so I got right up behind it and snapped this shot. It has New Jersey plates if you want to be on the lookout. I spoke to the guy driving it briefly when I pulled up next to him and he told me he was an Audi test driver. Audi doesn't pay him, he just gets new cars and gets to be the sh** out it, lol. Good guy, but man is that car gorgeous. The showroom floor doesn't do it justice, when it's on the road, it looks 100 times better.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/yzracer23/052107_08421.jpg

Sorry for the blurry image, I used my cellphone while trying to stay on its tail on curvy roads. This was the best shot of the 5 I took.

redhott06
05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
SO JEALOUS!!!!! im in bedford, work in pleasantville..im going to FIND that car haha.

FatAuto
05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I did not see it but my buddy Frank swears he saw this car at the Crab Shell in Stamford...

redhott06
05-23-2007, 04:14 PM
mmm crab shell is delish. how can register to be a test driver heh you think they takr girls?

ArcticBoost
05-23-2007, 08:41 PM
^ seriously, I'd even pay to beat the shit out of Audi's test cars!

YZracer
05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Haha, agreed. Hey redhott06, I think I saw your car at the shell station in Armonk the other day. The car I saw matched your cars mods exactly. You have a TIP right? Where do you live in bedford? I live off Bedford Banksville Road. I don't know if you saw me walkin all around it looking at it at all though.

And back to the thread, yea, I would pay to be an Audi test driver. Can anyone say S5 test, lol?

redhott06
05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
yea it was getting an inspection and took them forever to get me in! so it was most likely mine. yep, tip, im on Hook Rd. i know where you live i think - and agreed..i would pay to be a testdriver !!

paradigmshift
05-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I did not see it but my buddy Frank swears he saw this car at the Crab Shell in Stamford...

Sounds like Sundays at the Crab Shell are back in action. Good memories from that place... well, blurry memories.

R8, I can't wait to see one on the road. When I finally see one, I'll have to be careful to not get into an accident as I stare at it.