PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 7" Headrest Monitor

wootang00
05-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Will it fit our headrests? =p

This is for a b7..

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=PKG-M780&lang=en&tab=D

Thanks in advance.

bOOOOstedAudi
05-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Lmao

wootang00
05-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Lmao

whats so funny? =p

svgwpb
05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
why dont you buy a couple of headrest's that come with the monitors on ebay?
they can match the color of the leather and that way you dont end up messing up your originals, they come pre installed, with all the wiring done, its much easy,give it a try.

wootang00
05-19-2007, 05:08 PM
why dont you buy a couple of headrest's that come with the monitors on ebay?
they can match the color of the leather and that way you dont end up messing up your originals, they come pre installed, with all the wiring done, its much easy,give it a try.

Because I would like some high quality monitors =). The ones on ebay dont look too good.. dont seem to sit flush either.

barkerd427
05-20-2007, 11:38 AM
There are some at crutchfield also. Take a look.

wootang00
05-20-2007, 05:40 PM
anyone know if these will fit our headrests? haha.. this telematics forum is slow =(...

barkerd427
05-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Just eyeballing them I would say yes, but I don't know what the mounting bracket looks like. Some solid numbers would give a more definite answer. I can definitely understand why you wouldn't want to get the crutchfield headrests since they are twice as much. I am 95% sure that they will fit though. You may want to do a rough install with some foam that is cut to the approximate dimensions of your headrest so you know exactly where you want it and how much you will need to cut. If you have never done this I suggest you go to the junk yard and get some old leather headrests and practice on them. I am not sure how much our headrests cost, but I wouldn't want to replace one.

gotdubd
05-22-2007, 07:28 PM
not a chance.
they wont fit.
we got 6.5 in an a4 at my shop once and that was a tight squeeze.

check out audiovoxs preinstalled headrest. those monitors are very nice looking.
no alpine, but a close second.

edit: i wont say not a chance....because thats pessimistic. but its going to be a fight.

wootang00
05-23-2007, 02:27 AM
not a chance.
they wont fit.
we got 6.5 in an a4 at my shop once and that was a tight squeeze.

check out audiovoxs preinstalled headrest. those monitors are very nice looking.
no alpine, but a close second.

edit: i wont say not a chance....because thats pessimistic. but its going to be a fight.

Yikes... $1299... any better solutions?