PDA

View Full Version : WTF is that noise?

Euro-Tuner
05-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I havent had time to diagnose it, but I was hoping someone would have this experience...

its a high pitch sound coming from the rear of my car, sounds like between the two rear wheels. its not mechanical (definatly sounds electric), the pitch goes along with the revs, its loud enough to hear from the cabin over music.

Ewok_Fetus
05-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Fuel pump crapping out on ya? When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

audinut69
05-18-2007, 08:47 PM
hey i'm having the same exact problems my noise goes away after a minute or two but i was told it's the fuel pump b/c i just changed my fuel filter, let me know if you find the proplem before me thanks.

Euro-Tuner
05-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Fuel pump crapping out on ya? When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

thats what I was thinking tonight...I stopped at a gas station and that was the only thing I could think of electric that was back there...I havent changed my fuel filterm but I havent had the car that long, think it' already gonem, or can it be salvaged if I change the filter?

audinut69
05-19-2007, 06:59 AM
i think that it's already gone becuase i have the same noise and i just changed my filter so i think once they go they go

onemoremile
05-19-2007, 10:33 AM
If you click the key on without starting the car you should hear the fuel pump pressurizing the system.

1.8G
05-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I have the same noise and im thinking its an exhaust leak. If it were the fuel pump, wouldn't the sound be more audible under load?

Euro-Tuner
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
well like I said, it goes with the revs of the car, and its def not an exhaust leak, I just gotta get under the car tomorrow and firuge it out, I hope the sender unit isnt gone...we'll see, I'll let everyone know