PDA

View Full Version : I got a couple new lights today! =D

CaSp3r9
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Along with my pretty Air Bag light, my ABS light decided to come on and my Brake light decided to start blinking at me. [:)] I'm guessing it's time to replace the pads and possibly a bad sensor. Any takers? I have a 98.5 1.8tqms, are there 4 sensors - one per wheel? My Brake light is blinking though so that makes me think it's one of the rear sides but I'm not sure.

AudiRacerS4
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
your car doesnt have brake pad sensors

CaSp3r9
05-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Hmm... Yeah, didn't think so but I didn't know. Anyway, do you have any idea as to what could cause these two lights to come on at the same time?

Tiluleshpingen
05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
does a 97 1.8t have brake sensors? sorry to thread jack but its very helpful at this moment !

bOOOOstedAudi
05-17-2007, 06:56 PM
let me know if i can help with parts

JDBG1.8t
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Either your ABS control module is out or you have a bad speed sensor. Vag it, you should get a code for a speed sensor but i think if you cant communicate with abs at all your control module is done. You can have it rebuilt at...

http://www.modulemaster.com/audiabsbsrepair.html

Hope that helps, by the way I saw you driving in corvallis today, you were stopped at a light turning on to 23rd and I passed you this morning, my car is the same color as yours.

CaSp3r9
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
bOOOOsted - will do, thanks man.

JDBG1.8t - I have a vag but I gotta find the right software to work with it, I haven't had any time to mess around with it lately.
It was on 25th, I thought you were a fellow AZer!!! Love the car man, sounds amazing. Do you go to school here are OSU or were you just visiting from Portland? There are a few more of us AZer's here in Corvallis - csho (Casey) and Mike Levin (not on AZ much - he's got a black k04'd A4 with an S4 front) and a few others I think... If you live down here you should join Casey and I in trying to get an Audi/VW meet planned. I think the idea is to have a bbq, spirited drive in the hills and whatever. Should be a good time. PM me and let me know.
Oh yeah, and I knew your car was catless!! I could smell it as you passed by haha