PDA

View Full Version : Power door locks?

quatRO B5
05-17-2007, 08:26 AM
So i bought my audi from a buddy of mine, well was a buddy. Anywho he didn't take the best care of it so I am doing all the fix up work he should have done to it. I have got almost everything figured out minus the door locks. I manually have to unlock every door. The power remote doesn't work and the switch in the car doesn't work. I am sure some people out there have had some related problems, so if anyone has some expirence dealind with fixing such a problem, I would love the pointers.

P.S. My trunck lock is stuck in the lock position, I put my key in to unlock it and it just spins either way. It worked fine everyday (even with the door locks broken) until I went to grab my frisbee golf disk out of the trunk and I couldn't unlock it. So any help with either would be great.

Thanks, Rob

buck
05-17-2007, 09:47 AM
The locks work on a vacuum pump. Suggestions:

- Fuse for central locking system
- Vac. pump itself doesn't work anymore (common)
- vac. system leak somewhere

Vac pump is in the passenger side of the trunk behind the carpet.

if you are unlocking/locking your doors via the keyfob or inside lock buttons, you should be albe to hear the pump actuating... if you hear nothing, chances are its either dead, or fuse is no good.

As with all other replacement parts for Audi - don't worry, the pump is cheap ;)

JettaRedII
06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
As with all other replacement parts for Audi - don't worry, the pump is cheap ;)

Liar, liar!

attamz
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I experience a similar problem due to a broken vac line where the line plugs in on the pillar. I can hear the pump yet the lock does no go up or down. I also have to open the door from the inside.

bOOOOstedAudi
06-19-2007, 03:31 AM
hard [art is finding it though

JettaRedII
06-20-2007, 06:07 AM
hard [art is finding it though

Fortunately, I did find a used part. New they are almost 500 stinkin' bucks! [eek]