PDA

View Full Version : random questions

arizona steve
05-15-2007, 12:06 AM
its hot as shit here (midnight and its 90 degrees.) but i want to go take my car to the track for shits and giggles when i get my high flow cat installed.

im on a GIAC chip from evoms, if i throw some race gas before the track in can i expect any gains or is it worthless? what does the high flow cat give people gains normally, 5 hp at most? i doubt ill notice a difference, but i just want to see exactly how slow my tip FWD 1.8T'er is...poor girl. shes fun though.

mods are as followed:
GIAC chip
evoms intake
evoms DV
milltek exhaust
labree HFC (to be installed when it gets hereee)
tein suspension (it will help for those monster launches i will be making...notttttt)

and thats about it.

what is everyone else getting? i havent seen anyone with a tip FWD and these mods go to the 1/4 track (mostly because its pointless) especially not in the 90s! but im curious.

also, whats the best way to go from a dig on a tip? ive done a few brake stands but that thing felt like it was going to yank out the tranny or something...cant be good. i beat the 3 series i was racing with that method though.....other than that i dont know what to do.

is there even a point to using TIP mode or can i just floor it and let it shift normally?

gotaudi
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
race gas will most likely hurt you If you cannot bump timing up, or if you do not up the boost.

j9fd3s
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
generally the extra octane is a saftey measure at the track, especially if its hot. however if the cars not set up for it, you will loose a little power.

and then you may not even need the extra octane.