PDA

View Full Version : broke the b5, which parts do i need?

ki11switch
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Here is what i know i need to replace:

PS pump (in the mail)
Water pump
PS belt
Some other belt that is hanging there
Thermostat

Am i going to need anything else to do these replacements? Special tools? Is there anything else i should replace when doing this? Also, the oem water pump for 49.95 off ecs tuning should be all i need as far as the water pump, right? Im just trying to figure out what to order..

a4fann
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
So glad I did not come and look at your car[down]

onemoremile
05-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Get a complete timing belt kit and install it. It includes most of what you need. The timing belt and tensioner is just good preventative maintenance.

You'll also need power steering fluid which is 22 bucks a liter at the dealership. It is called VW Audi Hyudraulic Fluid and comes in a generic looking black and white bottle.

lilegbeaner16
05-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Here is what i know i need to replace:

PS pump (in the mail)
Water pump
PS belt
Some other belt that is hanging there
Thermostat

Am i going to need anything else to do these replacements? Special tools? Is there anything else i should replace when doing this? Also, the oem water pump for 49.95 off ecs tuning should be all i need as far as the water pump, right? Im just trying to figure out what to order.. Replace the tensioner as well since your gonna have the bumper off.

ki11switch
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
can i get the water pump for $50 bucks, or do i need to get the water pump assembly with housing for $85?

onemoremile
05-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Get it inside of the timing belt kit for about 200 total.