PDA

View Full Version : Lower Rubber Door Trim Options

TheEZest
07-02-2004, 01:04 AM
i was washing, claybaring, and waxing my car the other day and as im rubbing the wax in i hit the rubber stuff thats along the bottom of the doors and it just ripped half way off one of my rear doors. it looks like it was all corroded and just waiting to fall off. so what are my options for replacing it? do i have to get OEM stuff or are there other types of stuff out there? maybe something that looks better?

b0d0m
07-02-2004, 01:24 AM
That is really weird. Last week I waxed my car as well, and it came off on one of my front doors. It wasn't worth trying to get back on because it was all rusted. Try the link on the bottom if you are looking to replace it. Its one of the few sites I've found, but I haven't searched too hard. I'm gonna order mine in a few days.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Audi&engine=1.8T&model=B5%20A4&submodel=Quattro&category=Exterior&subcategory=Body

Burntaudi
07-02-2004, 06:20 AM
It's a common problem...I just got thru replacing it on all 4 of my door's. I had a hook up at the dealer and paid $85 for all 4 pieces...list is like $160 for all 4.

Daft
07-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Exact same problem here too. During the claybar, I bumped one free and it crumbled like rotten wood.

I'd bet ECS sells them. Otherwise, many others have peeled them off, ground the pins off and repainted the lowers to make the body clean looking. You'd still have the base trim along the door sills though. I'm more inclinded to just make it OEM again.

Rieger_RS4
07-02-2004, 12:27 PM
I just shaved the mouldings and molded my s4 sides to the car. Looks much cleaner!

TheEZest
07-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Rieger_RS4
I just shaved the mouldings and molded my s4 sides to the car. Looks much cleaner!

do you have any pictures? maybe some before and afters? thanks. and how much did that cost you?

and what is the common thing to do when you get other types of aftermarket sideskirts?

Audi_Sniper
07-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Get some S4 molding....The ends are still at the paint shop.

http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v162/whtbutterofrage/Audi/DSC00412.jpg

kjgarreau
07-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Trimgard.

Rieger_RS4
07-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TheEZest
do you have any pictures? maybe some before and afters? thanks. and how much did that cost you?

and what is the common thing to do when you get other types of aftermarket sideskirts?

I'm doing it myself. Just shaved the lower mouldings 3 days ago. Attaches the S4 sides and fiberglassed them to the fenders.Should be done in a few days........and then paint. I'll post some before/after and in between when I'm done.

Daft
07-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I would do that but, I try to avoid messing with my paint at all costs. The OEM paint is pretty tought stuff and I have only seen a few body shops that can do a perfect prep job. I've been shafted by body shops on prep work before and it really pisses me off when you spend several hundreds of dollars to have it flake and lift at the edges. They always have some smartass answer why it happened. None of them involve them repairing it for free.....[mad]