PDA

View Full Version : question for guys with s4 bumpers and fogs....

1.8Titorey
07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
i was trying to fit the fogs that came with my bumper and noticed that on the left side there is something blocking it. i think its the horn. did you guys have to relocate it?

koolAsiCE
07-02-2004, 05:51 AM
seen this before; check the old threads 4 how - you definitely have to relocate it.

1.8Titorey
07-02-2004, 09:41 AM
did a search and came up with nothing...

A4 in SC
07-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I can't be of too much help, as my car already had the S bumper and fogs installed. I can tell you that the brackets for the horns can be bent though.[;)]

Another option is to buy a set of the dual air horns. Hella makes a set and FIAMM makes a set too. Pretty darn cheap for what they are too. I think they can be had for around $25-40. I would buy the Hellas, as I had a set of the triple FIAMMs, and my pump went out. I had to put my factory back in.

Just waiting for a good time to replace it w/ a Hella unit. Good stuff.

Mike

quattro30v
07-02-2004, 01:18 PM
i have the S4 bumper and fogs (fogs not installed yet, lazy) i have Hella horns before the bumper. i remounted the bracket and bent it to clear the back of the fogs.... it's hard to do while the bumper is on, so you should do it before mounting the bumper or take off the bumper.

good luck

1.8Titorey
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by quattro30v
i have the S4 bumper and fogs (fogs not installed yet, lazy) i have Hella horns before the bumper. i remounted the bracket and bent it to clear the back of the fogs.... it's hard to do while the bumper is on, so you should do it before mounting the bumper or take off the bumper.

good luck

thanks mang. damn i wish i didnt have to take the bumper off again. It was a PITA the last time I did it. Creative kustoms just put that thing on so its all nice and straight now. hehe. Oh well...thats an audi for ya. Cant do ish without taking off the damn bumper! [:p]

1.8Titorey
07-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by A4 in SC
I can't be of too much help, as my car already had the S bumper and fogs installed. I can tell you that the brackets for the horns can be bent though.[;)]

Another option is to buy a set of the dual air horns. Hella makes a set and FIAMM makes a set too. Pretty darn cheap for what they are too. I think they can be had for around $25-40. I would buy the Hellas, as I had a set of the triple FIAMMs, and my pump went out. I had to put my factory back in.

Just waiting for a good time to replace it w/ a Hella unit. Good stuff.

Mike

Where do they sell the hella unit at?

Lumas
07-02-2004, 05:50 PM
i did that this weekend. For a quick solution i just removed the lower horn. Now the horn sounds a little funky, but i never use the horn anyway.

Chris

A4 in SC
07-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 1.8Titorey

Here's one place -

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/dual_tone_air_horn.asp

This is the cheapest I've found. Pretty reasonable to me.

Later,
Mike

quattro30v
07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
dude! you're filipino and yo don't know! man!!

PI bro. get it from Banawe [:D] , got mine for PHP 3500 = $65~ (for both low and high, comes in a set) hehe

same time i got my Momo Milleniun for !$120 when it was stil around $380 here before [;)] [:D]

Originally posted by 1.8Titorey

1.8Titorey
07-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by quattro30v
dude! you're filipino and yo don't know! man!!

PI bro. get it from Banawe [:D] , got mine for PHP 3500 = $65~ (for both low and high, comes in a set) hehe

same time i got my Momo Milleniun for !$120 when it was stil around $380 here before [;)] [:D]

LOL. Banawe....my favorite place. I just don't have any relatives going home anytime soon. And almost all of my relatives back home are either in Baguio or La Union so they can't get it for me. hehehe. [:D]

yah I bought my Momo race steering wheel (for my integra) over there for like 50 bucks. [:D]

audidood
07-03-2004, 10:19 PM
just have someone buy you some Hella horns and ship em.... i-LBC kunam man... [:D]