PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag goo-rew's?

superman_006
05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Control Module Part Number: 8D0 959 655 M
Component and/or Version: Airbag
6 Faults Found:

01217 - Side Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N199)
32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent
00532 - Supply Voltage B+
07-10 - Signal to Low - Intermittent
00654 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter: Driver Side (N153)
33-10 - Resistance too Low - Intermittent
00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter: Passenger Side (N154)
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
00-10 - - - Intermittent
00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)

OK, when I got my A4, just about every warning light was on, I am down to the airbag light[cool] though its got 6 faults, everyone of them pop right back up after clearing. I also just bought a new seat skin for my driver's seat, I figure I will at least fix anything broken while I got the cover off. Where do I start with this mess?

Militant-Grunt
05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I keep getting 32-10 - Resistance too High - Intermittent after I hit a pothole last week, the light went off 4 days after I cleared it, dunno WTF "resistance too high is".

superman_006
05-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Is any of these code, got anything to do with the driver's seat

offroader1006
05-08-2007, 07:26 AM
might be looking at an air bag module.

has the car been wrecked?

and the 32-10 code by itself is useless, you have to have the code above it to see what the 32-10 applies to.

i have the same pass side air bag igniter resistance too high intermittent.

superman_006
05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error
00-10 - - - Intermittent
00532 - Supply Voltage B+
07-10 - Signal to Low - Intermittent

Its never been wrecked, are you saying these are my real codes? Wouldnt the supply voltage cause the control module error, or is the voltage B+ the voltage coming from the control module

ct1.8t4me
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Resistance too high is often because the connection under the seat gets flaky. Some have said that removing the plug from the post that it is attached to under the seat helps reduce the frequency of these errors as the wires are able to move freely. I rarely move my driver's seat for this reason - every time I do to clean the car or something, it throws the code and lights the light.

maxspeed
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
just so you know, its spelled "guru"

Militant-Grunt
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Which plug is it under the pass seat, I checked if they all are connected and they are. My light is pissing me off, and Vag com does not clear it for
00589 - Airbag Igniter: Passenger Side

winston@podi.ca
05-10-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll save you $300 of diagnostic fees as I just had my friend who is an Audi tech check these codes I had:

01212 Rear Pass Belt Tens Igniter N197, Upper Limit Exceeded
01212 L/F seat side airbag N199, Upper Limit Exceeded

He told me to try having Audi replace the airbag harness plugs first as that might fix the problem as their might be some corrosion buildup on the contacts. He did not recommend that I use standard contact cleaner on the airbag harnesses as they are very sensitive and Audi actually has a special set of tools to deal with the airbag problems.

He tested all of the wiring, the connectors to the seat, the connector on the car and in the end told me I had to replace the side airbag and the seat belt tension module.

This means the driver side airbag is faulty and needs to be replaced

Both the front seat belt tensioner modules need be replaced as they are linked to the ABS system

ct1.8t4me
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean the airbag is faulty. The connection gets corroded and needs to be cleaned up. Also, one of the wires is attached to a post under the seat which reduces the flexibility of the junction. Like I said, when I move my seat I will often get this code. Reseating the wires then clearing it solves the problem.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the airbag needs to be replaced - since all situations are different.

Militant-Grunt
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
I'll save you $300 of diagnostic fees as I just had my friend who is an Audi tech check these codes I had:

01212 Rear Pass Belt Tens Igniter N197, Upper Limit Exceeded
01212 L/F seat side airbag N199, Upper Limit Exceeded

He told me to try having Audi replace the airbag harness plugs first as that might fix the problem as their might be some corrosion buildup on the contacts. He did not recommend that I use standard contact cleaner on the airbag harnesses as they are very sensitive and Audi actually has a special set of tools to deal with the airbag problems.

He tested all of the wiring, the connectors to the seat, the connector on the car and in the end told me I had to replace the side airbag and the seat belt tension module.

This means the driver side airbag is faulty and needs to be replaced

Both the front seat belt tensioner modules need be replaced as they are linked to the ABS system

I have trouble believing that id have to replace an airbag from a pothole hit.

winston@podi.ca
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean the airbag is faulty. The connection gets corroded and needs to be cleaned up. Also, one of the wires is attached to a post under the seat which reduces the flexibility of the junction. Like I said, when I move my seat I will often get this code. Reseating the wires then clearing it solves the problem.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the airbag needs to be replaced - since all situations are different.

The first suggestion I gave was to replace the airbag harness due to corrosion.

winston@podi.ca
05-11-2007, 10:20 AM
I have trouble believing that id have to replace an airbag from a pothole hit.

Try not hitting anything, have the light come on, have everything tested out then being told you need to replace an airbag.

I have trouble believing this as well but when the whole ABS system is turned off due to this problem there are not too many options to choose from.

Mawhitey
05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
The ABS sytem will still work,its just the aribag system that wont. If you were to have an accident none of the airbags or pretensioners would go off, the ABS would be fine as its a seperate system

A4Andrew
05-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I too have the airbag light on and I used to be able to scan the codes, but now I can't scan it anymore. I heard it's connected to the ABS system somehow. My ABS still works like stated above.

Wilco
05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
You know, I can't for the life of me clear the airbag light with VAG-COM either. It can't find the airbag module (15) when trying to connect. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

superman_006
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
You know, I can't for the life of me clear the airbag light with VAG-COM either. It can't find the airbag module (15) when trying to connect. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

...I would say that your airbag module is bad if you cant vag-com to communicate

My seat skins are in... so I will be pulling teh seat out in the morning and look at the connectors on the drivers seat, I may have more info for this thread

winston@podi.ca
05-11-2007, 05:53 PM
The ABS sytem will still work,its just the aribag system that wont. If you were to have an accident none of the airbags or pretensioners would go off, the ABS would be fine as its a seperate system

My mistake. I meant to say SRS (airbag system), not ABS, is disabled.

brlukosk
05-11-2007, 09:06 PM
My damn air bag light just came on tonight... AAHHH!

Wilco
05-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Do you think it might have more to do with it being a cheap ebay cable? Do things like that happen with these cheap cables, or is it still likely to be the airbag module that is the problem?

...I would say that your airbag module is bad if you cant vag-com to communicate

My seat skins are in... so I will be pulling teh seat out in the morning and look at the connectors on the drivers seat, I may have more info for this thread

superman_006
05-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Do you think it might have more to do with it being a cheap ebay cable? Do things like that happen with these cheap cables, or is it still likely to be the airbag module that is the problem?

If you can communicate with all the other modules... I would say the cable is good

brlukosk
05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
OK. I scanned my car and my code has to do with the seat belt tensioner on the drivers side.

I cleaned the contacts under the seat, as well as in the kick panel on the drivers side.

Light still comes back after I clear it.

Has anyone taken apart the pillar molding and either replaced or cleaned the contacts around the seatbelt tensioner?

Also, I have read that you can wire up a resistor to get the car to think that your airbag is working. Do any of you know how to go about doing this?

I think you would need to do this if you had racing seats in your car..

94jedi
05-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I have the same airbag light and I'm willing to bet it's the connection under my seat. My car has never been wrecked and the ABS system works like a charm.