PDA

View Full Version : Koni Coilover problem (broken spring) Update

Burntaudi
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I purchased a used set of Koni Coilovers and one of the springs is broken. Any advice about what to do.

I've already Emailed Koni to see what they might do. I also Emailed the seller...he seems like a decent guy and would probably either refund my money or at least enough to replace the springs.

Any advice appreciated.

EBG 18T
04-28-2007, 05:43 AM
broken spring? i gotta see a picture of this.

Burntaudi
04-28-2007, 06:24 AM
I will post a pic later I'm going out of town for the day.

pms
04-28-2007, 07:07 AM
You didn't heat the spring or cut it or anything like that did you? (best if you don't respond if the answer is 'yes') The only time I have ever heard of a coil spring "breaking" is when it was heated (to lower the car) which caused the spring to lose its temper and become brittle. Otherwise they usually can take quite a bit of abuse.

If it wasn't the result of some attempt to modify the spring, then I have to assume the failure was the result of a manufacturing defect, and the manufacturer should be willing to replace it (at worst, you would have to pay for shipping).

IMHO, FWIW...

Burntaudi
04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
No I didn't cut or heat anything. I noticed the broken spring after getting home & cleaning them up. I talked to the seller. We agreed that we would work something out once I found out what Koni is willing to do.

Burntaudi
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Update talked to Koni today. They hooked me up. They said pay shipping ($11.00) and they are sending 2 replacement rear springs.