PDA

View Full Version : squeeking got a lot worse over 1 week...



A Foore
06-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I know the squeeking is related to the control arms going bad. Question is, how bad is the squeeking? Reason I ask is cuz mine started squeeking a bit about 2 weeks ago. A bit as in only when I'm close to a complete stop....Now....it's gotten to a point where it squeeks all the time. When I accellerate lightly, even while the car is moving. I know roads my be uneven, but it seems like the squeeking is continuous. Is this the "normal" squeeking that everyone else experiences? Or does mine sound "abnormal"?

CTA4AVANT
06-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Had the same problem on my Avant. I bought a grease needle and injected synthetic grease in to all of my control arm bushings up front. No more squeaks!

A Foore
06-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CTA4AVANT
Had the same problem on my Avant. I bought a grease needle and injected synthetic grease in to all of my control arm bushings up front. No more squeaks!

so yours was constantly squeeking also? Like it never stops while the car is moving? How long ago did you grease them?

Brrman
06-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I greased a bad one also - it squeaked all the time. After about 3 days the squeak totally went away - been 3 months now and hasnt come back yet

A Foore
06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Brrman
I greased a bad one also - it squeaked all the time. After about 3 days the squeak totally went away - been 3 months now and hasnt come back yet

so it continuously squeeked while your car is moving?

AudiSnawb
06-30-2004, 05:49 PM
My car has the same problem, and has had the problem for a couple months, cant afford new control arsm, so Im going to invest in the grease LOL... I tried WD-40, and it didnt do shiat... My car makes the squeeqing/clunking noise 90 percent of the time I drive... it sucks... Going to the auto part store tomorow and investing in the grease... any particular brand bro?

A Foore
06-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by AudiSnawb
My car has the same problem, and has had the problem for a couple months, cant afford new control arsm, so Im going to invest in the grease LOL... I tried WD-40, and it didnt do shiat... My car makes the squeeqing/clunking noise 90 percent of the time I drive... it sucks... Going to the auto part store tomorow and investing in the grease... any particular brand bro?

So yours is squeeking/clunking constantly regardless of what speed as well, right?
I'd like to know too about the grease.