PDA

View Full Version : Coilover finale

sumpsfast
06-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Alright, I would really appreciate it if we could get all of these loose coilover Q&A's stuffed into one thread. I have read all of the recent posts about suspension and it seems that few of our issues have been totally relieved.

Personally I would appreciate some feedback from the CO owners in here on brands you are using and some feedback on their performance and ride quality. H&R, Koni, B&G, KW, Stasis and their differences. I also have specific questions on what exactly dampening is and which coilovers allow you to adjust this as well as ride height, on and off the car. Use on track/street?

TIA

awe4rings
06-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Amen, this would be nice, dont have CO's but im gonna go ahead and bump this

nizmosx
06-29-2004, 09:56 PM
i have h & r and i love them, no problems so far. sometimes i hear a weird bumping noise in my right rear one but from what i heard im not the only one. so i think its comon they do that. others might do the same. i know my freind has this problem on his wrx and he is running a complete different brand.

JMG
06-29-2004, 10:13 PM
you should have named the thread "Official Coilover Thread - post all Q's here!" with search keywords posted at teh bottom of the first post.

VtAudi
06-30-2004, 02:35 AM
We should have a mod/parts page, w/ "Official" Specs/directions, would avoid all the loose and repetitive threads, updates could be done to them if anything changes, thats my 2c's

Zodiak
06-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by VtAudi
We should have a mod/parts page, w/ "Official" Specs/directions, would avoid all the loose and repetitive threads, updates could be done to them if anything changes, thats my 2c's
It would be nice if people started using the AW Part Reviews section. Maybe AZ can make something similar if people made a habit of posting reviews it would be extrememly helpful

VtAudi
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak
It would be nice if people started using the AW Part Reviews section. Maybe AZ can make something similar if people made a habit of posting reviews it would be extrememly helpful

WUURRRD ; )

sumpsfast
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a little temperance here [;)] . I agree that beating subjects to a pulp is annoying, but still a lot of our concerns rarely get fully addressed. Plus there are quite a few dudes who only use AZ and don't mess with AW. I personally like the format better here.

Zodiak
06-30-2004, 02:32 PM
the reviews section is entirely seperate from their forum software (link (http://www.audiworld.com/reviews/)). And no matter how you feel about software (i love it, personally), the amount of information held in their forum archives outweighs any short-comings you feel the site has.

sumpsfast
06-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Aw that is cool. Never seen that but guess it would help. Still new info and feedback here would not hurt.

OverSpun
06-30-2004, 04:48 PM
pics of intrax ARS C/Os needed... side view prefered. thanks.

DDQ
06-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by OverSpun
pics of intrax ARS C/Os needed... side view prefered. thanks.

Coilover setups are adjustable, so many people may have them set at different heights, depending on preference.

OverSpun
06-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by DDQ
Coilover setups are adjustable, so many people may have them set at different heights, depending on preference.

yea, i know, but i heard a lot of people complaining saying intrax ARSs dont drop that far in the rear.

Zodiak
06-30-2004, 06:31 PM
for the price of those (nearly $2k retail) why not just go with a set of STaSIS Track Sports?