PDA

View Full Version : Control arm Questions....



Crisqo
06-29-2004, 02:40 PM
I need to replace most (almost all) of my front control arms, as the clunking has gotten worst and worst..

My question is that, control arms fail because of the ball joint\bushings, correct?
I have a K-mAC kit, that replaces the bushings on the control arms....so would replacing the bushings on the control arms solve my problem?

I was planning on using the bushings for a new set of control arms, but if this works - I can save MONEY...[:D]

Thx

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 05:19 PM
If you replace the bushings, i believe the noise will not stop. The noise is caused by faulty ball joints. Check your ball joints and see if they need replacing.

Crisqo
06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I also need my Tie end rods replaced...
Can those ball joints be replaced by itself...or just cheaper to get the whole thing?

audispeed
06-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Crisqo
I also need my Tie end rods replaced...
Can those ball joints be replaced by itself...or just cheaper to get the whole thing?

cant replace just bushings or ball joints, that would save you money, and who would want you to do that? sorry, long day, so basically audi only ships control arms as assemblys and they cant be taken apart/put together. if you need to replace some, you might as well replace them all as the rest cant be very far behind in wear.

Crisqo
06-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Stock Bushings vs. K-Mac
http://home.comcast.net/~hhong4/images/KMAC/camberkit14.jpg

G-low
06-29-2004, 10:27 PM
so what do these kmac bushings do??

SEXIC─N
06-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by audispeed
cant replace just bushings or ball joints, that would save you money, and who would want you to do that? sorry, long day, so basically audi only ships control arms as assemblys and they cant be taken apart/put together. if you need to replace some, you might as well replace them all as the rest cant be very far behind in wear.

Achtuning told me that if i wanted them to replace my lowers, they could just pop out the ball joints and replace them. And keep the OEM arms.

Crisqo
06-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Audi_A4_Quattro
Achtuning told me that if i wanted them to replace my lowers, they could just pop out the ball joints and replace them. And keep the OEM arms.

Nice....exactly what I wanted to hear...
Hoping that the arms are quite durable, to be re-used again..

SEXIC─N
06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure of the uppers though, but i wouldn't see why not.