PDA

View Full Version : Tilting sunroof?

Qwert302
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, first off, I don't have a manual for my car so I have to ask you guys these questions. My sunroof got effed up today. So i searched on it and found out about the crank and whatnot and after I closed it it seems to be aligned correctly now and appears to work. One thing I noticed is that I can manually crank it to tilt up in the back. My switch doesn't have the tilt option. WTF is up with that? Why would they make it physically able to tilt, but not put in the switch to do it? Can I buy and install a switch that will allow me to tilt up the back (I would like to be able to). Or is there some secret way of activating the tilt? I have a 99.5 A4 Avant.

Thanks guys.

Ewok_Fetus
04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Should just be able to push up on the back of the rotary switch. I doubt your car DIDN'T come with the correct switch.

SurferForever
04-22-2007, 06:05 PM
every a4 that has a sunroof has the tilt option. like he said, just push up on the back of the turn switch while its in the closed position. apparently your just a noob . . . .

Qwert302
04-22-2007, 06:14 PM
That is amazing! lol. Thanks for showing me how to work my sunroof. I've been complaining about how the sunroof doesn't tilt, but apparently I'm just a moron. I hate that this car didn't come with a manual.

But now my feelings are hurt from being called a noob [=(] I'm sorry I've only owned my car for 2 months, I know that's a huge character flaw on my part, maybe someday you'll forgive me ::insert sarcasm here:: [:)]

SurferForever
04-23-2007, 08:31 AM
bu a manual on e-bay. thats what i did

Nor_Cal_Driver
04-23-2007, 10:38 AM
LOL! Your all pissed about something that is there, oh well, at least now you can tilt in style.