PDA

View Full Version : Stoptech BBK for 2006 S4

jza80
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Thinking about installing a 4-pot 355mm front kit, I'd like to know if any others have been able to fit this with the original BBS CH-style wheels. Any with the kit please chime in on pedal feel, noise, etc. The current pad they use is the AXXIS ultimate, I am running this pad on the rear of my Skyline and it makes some noise...too much for the S4 IMHO...so if there is a better pad choice (with little/no noise) that would be good to know.

They also offer a smaller dia kit, so any comments on this kit would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

MagnusS4
04-29-2007, 07:11 AM
I have that exact set up in the fron and just stock size but drilled in the back... i just put this set up on a few days ago and the thing is loud. the pads are crap i hate them i think i mite swtich to pagid blues or something i have no clue what to go to... the feeling of the kit is amazing very very light braking is needed for city drives and if you want to stomp on it this set up will get it done and stop you fast..

black quattro
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Sell me your stock S4 Brakes!

Papachristou
05-25-2007, 10:43 AM
^^^ lol

jeremy@matrix
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Thinking about installing a 4-pot 355mm front kit, I'd like to know if any others have been able to fit this with the original BBS CH-style wheels. Any with the kit please chime in on pedal feel, noise, etc. The current pad they use is the AXXIS ultimate, I am running this pad on the rear of my Skyline and it makes some noise...too much for the S4 IMHO...so if there is a better pad choice (with little/no noise) that would be good to know.

They also offer a smaller dia kit, so any comments on this kit would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

I know for sure a STaSIS 4pot kit will fit if it's of interest. We have 19" CH's behind a Mono4 14.5" kit on our B6 Avant.

Other caveats;

-F1 derived calipers and rotors, using the most recent and advanced technology found in motorsports today.
-These same Alcon components are used by the top race teams worldwide; touring car, LeMans, NASCAR, WRC, etc. Some "other" race calipers are used by many as well but these components cost 3-4x as much which isn’t feasible for most. Some "other" components are used on few SCCA World Challenge cars, however, these teams are PAID to run the kits on their vehicles.

CALIPERS
-Alcon Monobloc calipers---only 1-pc casting on the market today. There is no bridge like other calipers have which translates into maximum strength and rigidity, less flex, excellent pedal feel and repeatability.
-Very trick beveled edge (ultra-high resilience) piston seals minimize piston retraction distance, again offering excellent pedal feel. (Some "others" have a single seal which can melt after a hard track day. Some "other" pedal feel is more on/off since their tolerances aren't as close).
-Differential piston bores balance the pad force and temperature gradient resulting in better clamping force and longer pad life.
-Made in England, the center of the motorsport world (Some "other" components are made overseas in Asia---quality is not as high, which consistently results in a leaky caliper---we see numerous local clients with this issue all the time).

ROTORS
- High nickel content (optimizes pad-rotor interface so less chance of pad deposits/”warping” sensation) (Some "other" rotor metallurgy is poorer which results in a less porous rotor and one more liable to produce pad deposits/“warping” sensation).
-Alcon's proprietary casting and machining processes produce consistent, tight tolerances, ensuring repeatable performance.
-Patented crescent-shaped segmented slots eliminate pedal feel pulsations, increase grip and enhance gas relief (yes, cross-drilled rotors will crack over time).
-252 vane full floating, race quality rotor has a revolutionary vane design that moves 14% more air than conventional rotors resulting in superior cooling performance. This rotor also has a thinner annulus (height from inside edge of rotor where rotor-hat meet to outside edge) which translates into a rotor ideal for intense braking that is lightweight and extremely durable, offers better wear, and is more reliable(less prone to cracking/heat fatigue) since there is less temperature difference across it.
-Alcon rotors are heat treated twice so they're more thermally stable.
-Narrower setup(more compact, tighter tolerances) for better fit with more wheels.

STaSIS TrackSport 13" Mono4 front brake kit for B5/B6/B7 A4/S4/A6/AR 2.7T; 2 Alcon Monobloc 4-piston calipers, 2 13" x 32mm Alcon directionally vented/gas slotted floating rotors, 2 STaSIS directionally vented mounting hats, 2 STaSIS caliper mounting brackets and hardware, SBS Pro-Touring high performance brake pads, Goodridge braided/coated stainless steel brake lines (front only), Motul 5.1 high performance brake fluid

STaSIS TrackSport 14" Mono4 front brake kit for B5/B6/B7 A4/S4/A6 2.7T; 2 Alcon Monobloc 4-piston calipers, 2 14" x 32mm Alcon directionally vented/gas slotted floating rotors, 2 STaSIS directionally vented mounting hats, 2 STaSIS caliper mounting brackets, SBS Pro-Touring high performance brake pads, Goodridge braided/coated stainless steel brake lines (front only), Motul 5.1 high performance brake fluid

STaSIS TrackSport 14.5" Mono4 front brake kit for B5/B6/B7 A4/S4/A6 2.7T; 2 Alcon Monobloc 4-piston calipers, 2 14.5" x 32mm Alcon directionally vented/gas slotted floating rotors, 2 STaSIS directionally vented mounting hats, 2 STaSIS caliper mounting brackets, SBS Pro-Touring high performance brake pads, Goodridge braided/coated stainless steel brake lines (front only), Motul 5.1 high performance brake fluid

6pot kits are also available and actually $400 off until the end of day today;
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138999&goto=newpost

LMK if we can help at all.

Spidee
06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Check to see if HPS Plus pads are available for your brembos. That's what I have on my ECS stage 4 kit. They're quiet and still manage to get the job done on track.

Usually if the pads squeak like that is because they're designed more for track use. That's if you're sure the pad is installed correctly and they aren't worn down.

jeremy@matrix
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Check to see if HPS Plus pads are available for your brembos. That's what I have on my ECS stage 4 kit. They're quiet and still manage to get the job done on track.

Usually if the pads squeak like that is because they're designed more for track use. That's if you're sure the pad is installed correctly and they aren't worn down.

Hi Frank,

We haven't found the HPS Plus to be quiet at all. The HPS Street's are quieter than the Plus but the Plus are definitely more track worthy and louder, especially for a daily driver. Just our experience...

Spidee
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
You're right Jeremy. I got confused. The HPS Street's are quieter.

jeremy@matrix
06-06-2007, 10:19 AM
You're right Jeremy. I got confused. The HPS Street's are quieter.

NP. [up] [drive]