PDA

View Full Version : Apparent limp mode ????

Audihrr
04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey Audi enthusiasts, I am relatively new to the wonderful and expensive world of owning an Audi. I have a 2000 A4 1.8t tiptronic. I have had the computer flashed, by a local guy here in Portland area and I am not sure of the software he used. The comopany is callled inmotionusa.
Anyway when I got theecu back and installed it, the car ran like a raped ape. I couldn't believe it. It made me feel like I was driving a bicycle down the street before.
Well that lasted for about two weeks then I noticed the power was gone and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it back. I tried installing a AFR, there is a K&N drop in filter, I installled a new MAF, there is new plugs in it, and so on.
I am basically stilll running everything stock due to the newness of ownership so It is still a SMIC and stock piping.
It also seems to be in a hard lkimp mode when in D or 4 gear. But when in tip mode it seems to pulll itself ouyt of it and run decent. Nowhere like it should but bettert.
Does anybody have any suggestions or answers for me? I have reset the ecu and it seeems to help for a minute then back to shit. [headbang]

Oricle
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Give him a call and see if he can meet you and clear your codes. You may be in hard limp? Do you have a boost gauge?

Audihrr
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
No I do not have a boost guage and I know I need to get one which will be completed by teh end of the weekend. When it goes into hard limp mode do you simply undo the battery cable for a period of time or do you actually unplufg the ecu? Is it good to do it often or is it potentially harmful because obviously there is an issue arising to cause it to go into that mode?

Oricle
04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
No I do not have a boost guage and I know I need to get one which will be completed by teh end of the weekend. When it goes into hard limp mode do you simply undo the battery cable for a period of time or do you actually unplufg the ecu? Is it good to do it often or is it potentially harmful because obviously there is an issue arising to cause it to go into that mode?

Hard limp mode can't be fixed by unplugging the cable or ECU. I'm located in oregon(molalla). If you'd want to meet at all I could clear, and see if it will get you out of the mode. I had Inmotion tune for my big turbo, which is currenlty in the body shop getting the RS4 body kit.

superman_006
04-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey Audi enthusiasts, I am relatively new to the wonderful and expensive world of owning an Audi. I have a 2000 A4 1.8t tiptronic. I have had the computer flashed, by a local guy here in Portland area and I am not sure of the software he used. The comopany is callled inmotionusa.
Anyway when I got theecu back and installed it, the car ran like a raped ape. I couldn't believe it. It made me feel like I was driving a bicycle down the street before.
Well that lasted for about two weeks then I noticed the power was gone and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it back. I tried installing a AFR, there is a K&N drop in filter, I installled a new MAF, there is new plugs in it, and so on.
I am basically stilll running everything stock due to the newness of ownership so It is still a SMIC and stock piping.
It also seems to be in a hard lkimp mode when in D or 4 gear. But when in tip mode it seems to pulll itself ouyt of it and run decent. Nowhere like it should but bettert.
Does anybody have any suggestions or answers for me? I have reset the ecu and it seeems to help for a minute then back to shit. [headbang]

Whats the codes? if any? Is the CEL comming on, it almost sounds like your transmission isnt shifting correctly

Audihrr
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
I had the codes checked today and there is a bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor intermittent signal and a running lean code also intermittent. They were cleared so we will see. The CEL does not ever come on.
If the O2 sensor gives a interrmittent code, will that cause it to run poorly part of the time then get its act together all of a sudden and run awesome?
The most confusing part to me is the problem in D. It is like if I start out in D and then switch to tip mode within 5mph, as soon as tip kicks in it grabs and almost squeals the tires. It is that big of a difference even when in D it would still be selected in 1st gear.

Any ideas of what to do or what to look at?

Audihrr
04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the reply's and to Oricle, I would really appreciate meeting up with you and hooking my baby to your computer. I am in Mollala frequently at grandmother in laws house and would love an excuse to exit that scene for a minute or 6 hours. LOL.

send me your # or you can call me at 503 268 7777 Nick