PDA

View Full Version : Adding a 4 ch amp and New speakers

Insel Fohrer
04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a 2001 QTM. Actually I think it's a '01.5 because it has 17" celebration wheels and its a Quattro. Well no matter. My rear speakers are gone (blown) and the stealership wants $437.00 for new ones[eek] So I figured now is a good time to upgrade all the speakers. I would like to use the stock HU because I like the clean look and just add my Alpine 4x40 amp and some new speaks. I think I have 4" components up front and I know I have 6.5" coaxials in in rear deck because I have them out already. What do I need to add my amp to the factory HU? And do I need to run new wire for the rear speakers since I will be no longer using the built-in rear speaker amp? Sorry for the kind'a wordy questions. Any help would be great[up]

superman_006
04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
You could use the rear feeds to power and be the inputs of your amp, I would bridge your new amp for 2 channels, if thats possible and then run new speaker wires from the amp to the deck 6.5" speakers

94jedi
04-19-2007, 06:00 PM
easiest way is the blaupunkt adapter and then run wiring from all your speaks to your amp.