PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Highs

rodhleloup@yaho
04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
So I finally got around to purchasing a complete Xenon kit for my non-Xenon 98.5... so i thought. [:(]

I have:
Valeo Housings
Wiring Harness
City Lights

All from ECS by the way...

Where i made my mistake was ordering a Xenon [I]Conversion[I] Kit.
I have the CQlighting H7 Kit...

So now i know i need the 2S Kit so anyways.... finally to the point...

What can i do with my current Xenon kit?... I was thinking of modding it somehow to run them for my high beams.

Any ideas guys? [az]

d_maniac
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
high beam in the Xenon housing are H7 the kit would fit right in but did you get the xenon or regualr housing??

sean951
04-19-2007, 01:06 PM
I have HID high beams, one of the best things i ever done to my car. actually all of my lights are HID, including fogs. A bit overkill but whats in front of me at night while i drive looks like daylight:)

rice_Rocket88
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
So does your H7 kit just do low beams? I've seen a few kits that have a low HID and high beam is just a halogen. I have been thinking about it for a while..

If not, you're out of luck, see if you can adapt the bulb to your other socket... or just sell the thing.

rodhleloup@yaho
04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
I have the Xenon ready Valeo housings and i know the kit i have will fit in the high beam position.

But that would put a Xenon bulb in a regular halogen enclosure... there isnt a reflector or projector there.

Sean951: What housing do you have, Valeo?

I just dont know how the Xenon bulb would do in the high beam slot with no other modification.

I have the kit and would like to use it in some way... maybe fogs?

sean951
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
i have the stock Valeo HID housings. the HID bulbs seem to work just fine where the halogen bulbs should go, works for the fogs and high beams. if my car wasnt up on jackstands i would take a pic when it got dark. ill take a pic though once i get my HFC in.

d_maniac
04-19-2007, 01:48 PM
ok i understand what you mean better now rod, putting a hid kit in a regual halogen housing with no projector would not hurt anything but just be REALLY bright.

rodhleloup@yaho
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Well then, i guess you can't go very wrong with Really Bright high beams...[up]
I hope i dont melt anything...

What resistor is used for fooling the computer? isnt there a 'headlight out' warning light?

sean951
04-20-2007, 03:57 AM
no resistor used, i used a HID kit called O-NEX. just followed the instructions. no melted wires, no headlight out warning light, just really bright lights that work like stock. actually, HIDs use less power so you run less of a risk of melting wires. good luck

kish0000
04-20-2007, 05:28 AM
i thought the newer bi-xenon systems used a type of shutter to cut off the high beam when it wasnt in use. Wouldn't it be hard to run a seperate ballast and bulb for the highbeam because the xenon bulbs initially heat up before becoming their brightest?