PDA

View Full Version : Tricks?

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Is there any tricks or tips that i can do with my car. I have a 97 a4 1.8t Quattro but its an automatic with out TIP....so launching is not fun. i was wondering if anybody new how to get a good launch in my car or just fun tricks or ways to get better preformace. thanks!

DDQ
06-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Do you mean with or without spending any money?

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 12:25 PM
no, just like tricks on driving the car. how to get the best preformace

a4sport
06-28-2004, 12:43 PM
this thread is funny[:D]

MR VTEC
06-28-2004, 12:54 PM
powerbrake

DDQ
06-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pureaudi
no, just like tricks on driving the car. how to get the best preformace

I'm sorry, but I really don't get what you mean. There's really nothing you can do that will give you any meaninful change in the performance of your car unless you change it mechanically. These cars are not for ideal for drag racing unless they're heavily modified.

DRA4
06-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Get an S4 motor with tip and you won't have to use any tricks.[:D]

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DDQ
I'm sorry, but I really don't get what you mean. There's really nothing you can do that will give you any meaninful change in the performance of your car unless you change it mechanically. These cars are not for ideal for drag racing unless they're heavily modified.

agreed, if you are just looking for fun things to do, wait till it snows and do AWD doughnuts. Or take your car offroading

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
can you get tip installed on a automatic, or do you have to get a totally new tranny? how much would it be?

D Piddy
06-28-2004, 01:59 PM
i've never heard of an A4 Auto w/o tip. is this common?

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 02:00 PM
i think older audi's just had auto

DDQ
06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
can you get tip installed on a automatic, or do you have to get a totally new tranny? how much would it be?

I would say your best bet is to sell your car and look for a new one in the same price range that has what you want.

Also, what do you mean by S4 taillights (in your sig)? Both A4s and S4s use the same tails.

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 02:13 PM
S4 sound cooler, and i have the crappy A4's[:(]

MR VTEC
06-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by DDQ
Also, what do you mean by S4 taillights (in your sig)?
Because he paid so much more for them they had to be s4's

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 05:28 PM
the tails has all red with the white stip across the middle.

DDQ
06-28-2004, 05:33 PM
the tails has all red with the white stip across the middle.

Yes, as do the 98.5, 99.0, and 99.5+ A4 models (but the pre-99.5 have the stripe in a different spot). I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I'm just saying the same tails come on the A4s and the S4s. I was just wondering why you listed that they were S4 tails in your sig, I thought maybe they were something different than you may have been told. No big deal.

MR VTEC
06-28-2004, 05:34 PM
OOOOOOOOO

VtAudi
06-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Set up a ramp at about a 76 degree angle, and drive over it w/ just one side of the car and try to ride on two wheels ; )

DDQ
06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
If you turn your lights off at night, you can drive much faster. It adds power to the spark plugs. Get up to about 100mph, and turn off the lights. You'll really feel it in the seat of your pants.

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I tried that and i felt like i hit a NOS button[eek], damn that really works... [;)]

DDQ
06-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Audi_A4_Quattro
I tried that and i felt like i hit a NOS button[eek], damn that really works... [;)]

You can also try jumping out the sunroof while doing it. The weight reduction will really increase the speed of the car. Just make sure you have a brick on the gas pedal before you make the leap.

SoleMate
06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Sell the car, autos are for the birds.

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 11:34 PM
**** you guys, i just asked a simple question and all i get is crap from you ****s who think you are so ****in "great" with all your knowledge. SoleMate you can just suck it, i dont give a crap that "autos are for the birds" what the hell is that suppost to mean? im sorry im not up to "par" with your "coolness" sence i have an automatic. Man you guys are inconsiderate. What the **** did i do to deserve all of this shit!? Ask a bad question? Oh yea im sorry i dont know much about my "taillights". Thats what the guy told me that they were. thanks for nothing....

DDQ
06-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Chill bro. We're all here to help. Don't take any of that personally, it just got off topic and everyone started cracking jokes, but none of them were meant to be an attack on you.

Honestly, just keep being open an honest and ask questions, no matter how dumb they may seem. You can also find tons of info in the archives by searching.

Sorry for the rough thread, but don't ever take it personally. It's all in good fun. I can see how that all seemed out of line, but stick around and you'll see everyone here is good people and will be contructive.

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 11:47 PM
"Audi_A4_Quattro'
"S4 sound cooler, and i have the crappy A4's"

thanks asshole, i bought this car with my own money, and i am happy with it. i dont car that your car is better than mine. your mom probably bought your car for you. and you didnt have to pay a dime. Dont ****ing put me down cuz my "car is not as good as an S4"! no shit it is not an S4. and if you think a4's are crappy why the **** do you have an audi. audi makes a4's. so if you think a4's are crappy i guess you think audi is crappy. **** YOU YOU IMMATURE LOOSER! what the **** did i do to deserve that statement saying my car is crappy! all you do in your spare time is ****ing put people down on how bad there car is to make you feel better....on the ****in internet....on a forum...wow you are pathetic. go get a life. go get laid. go get drunk. i would rather have a shit car and have a life, then have a great car and be a complete pathetic looser!

Pureaudi
06-28-2004, 11:49 PM
allright, sorry i just have been havin a bad day, and i saw this and it just poped my top. sorry. but Audi_A4_Quattro is a ****ing asshole.

DDQ
06-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I hear ya bro. I've had plenty of bad days that were taken out on the forum. Like I was saying, just don't take it personally, when you're online people just type quick comments and sometime it comes across the wrong way. Just like life, there's idiots everywhere. Just brush it off and move on. If you really want to vent, go over to www.audiworld.com and join the fun.

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:07 AM
i was just joking bro

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:20 AM
"Audi_A4_Quattro'
"S4 sound cooler, and i have the crappy A4's"

thanks asshole, i bought this car with my own money, and i am happy with it. i dont car that your car is better than mine. your mom probably bought your car for you. and you didnt have to pay a dime. Dont ****ing put me down cuz my "car is not as good as an S4"! no shit it is not an S4. and if you think a4's are crappy why the **** do you have an audi. audi makes a4's. so if you think a4's are crappy i guess you think audi is crappy. **** YOU YOU IMMATURE LOOSER! what the **** did i do to deserve that statement saying my car is crappy! all you do in your spare time is ****ing put people down on how bad there car is to make you feel better....on the ****in internet....on a forum...wow you are pathetic. go get a life. go get laid. go get drunk. i would rather have a shit car and have a life, then have a great car and be a complete pathetic looser!

First of all i bought my car with my own money too, so whats the deal. And i have an A4 not an S4, i wish mommy and daddy paid for my car but they didn't. I work 2 jobs to pay for this car and i also have to pay for my own insurance. I was joking about A4's and the tail lights. You are taking this way too far. I pretty much have the same car as you. I think before you start making this comments, think about how i am meaning it. If i hated A4's soooo much why would i buy one? I will let you think what you want about me and the way i think, cause your rude comments are not needed. i not once said YOUR car was crappy i said I have the crappy A4's, not YOU. If "ALL" i do is spend time putting people down to make my car better you much be the only one cause i not once said my car was better. I know my car isn't better than anyones. Like i said before, i not once said it was better than ANYONES!! If i were to try and put you down, why would i do it on this forum. I first talked to you on AUDILIFE and was straight with you bro. I even tried to get you some fogs for your car and sh*t like that. I don't know where you come accross and thnk i'm some immature loser just trying to put you down. I can't believe you can't take a joke, that i even said about myself(me owning an A4 just the same) Jesus. I'm not going to try or even start anything cause this is dumb. All i'm saying is that i was joking sorry for making you think that i was being serious. Thats all i have to say.

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DDQ
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Dude, that was me when i was a kid, you callin me gay? CAUSE I'M NOT, I SWEAR!!!

DDQ
06-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Audi_A4_Quattro
Dude, that was me when i was a kid, you callin me gay? CAUSE I'M NOT, I SWEAR!!!

[:)] [:)] [:)] [:)]

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/dolan13/mullet.jpg

Pureaudi
06-29-2004, 12:37 AM
dude im hella sorry. i just had a bad day and took it out on your guys, and all you guys were doin is makin a joke. sorry guys. Audi_A4_Quattro sorry dude.

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:45 AM
It's all good, we all have those days, no harm done.

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Those pics you keep putting up DDQ are making me feel warm inside, thanks[;)]

littlewhite
06-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Pureaudi, dont go ****ing bitching at people if u dont get much help. You are lucky you didnt get flame right after your posts and here it started 1/2 way. Try AW.

An Audi is an Audi, just do what u think is the best. I mean, it is your car and u are the one driving it.

JMG
06-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by blackknight
Pureaudi, dont go ****ing bitching at people if u dont get much help. You are lucky you didnt get flame right after your posts and here it started 1/2 way. Try AW.

An Audi is an Audi, just do what u think is the best. I mean, it is your car and u are the one driving it.

it's cool, he apologized. I think the jokes were taken a little too personnaly.

Anyway, there are no "tricks" just driving techniques.

littlewhite
06-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Just noticed he is sorry threads up.
New sig again ! Looks tight

joeya103
06-29-2004, 03:47 AM
AZ people got some manners dude! People apologizing and group hugging...I feel the love =D

If you wanna meet some people who are like "I kN0w m0r3 tHaN j0ooo0O nOObB", go to AW =)

Brrman
06-29-2004, 07:54 AM
I can feel the love....

The pics are teh funneh!

TheDude
06-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Is it me or is the word noob, so f-ing annoying. Probably the gayest word in the last ten years.

Pureaudi
06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
haha probably, i dose sound pretty damn gay. nooooob. haha

Brrman
06-29-2004, 08:55 AM
nooblet

awe4rings
06-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Best trick ever, TAP 2.0l race spec, hey it will only run you about $16k..

littlewhite
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by awe4rings
Best trick ever, TAP 2.0l race spec, hey it will only run you about $16k..

LOL ! Yea and if you by any chance get an email reply from them, let me know !

cj-S4
06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by DRA4
Get an S4 motor with tip and you won't have to use any tricks.[:D]

Mine is chipped and has a Tip chip, I still use a little "trick".

pump the brake and hold it, push gas down, watch boost gauge, boost will begin to rise, release brake, keep holding the go pedal down[:D]

pigliiit
06-29-2004, 10:46 AM
seriously, this was the best thread i have ever read on any site. way better than melrose place and 90210 combined. little to lovie at the end, but all in all a good read.

MR VTEC
06-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Brrman
nooblet
[:D] that was funny!

Actually the most annonying word is rice and the misuse of it repeatedly on this forum and others.

DDQ
06-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by MR VTEC
Actually the most annonying word is rice and the misuse of it repeatedly on this forum and others.

Is it safe to call this rice?

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/bignose.JPG

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/wings.JPG

awe4rings
06-29-2004, 12:26 PM
WOW DDQ has found some serious RICE...haha i love the front extension on that Orange thing and the aluminum hoodwing on that other white thing...ehehe

blackknight why you say that about TAP? I just remember reading about the 2.0L and im interested in it, not like i will ever have the money but seems cool.

alen
06-29-2004, 12:27 PM
older a4s didn't come with tiptronic. 96-97 and maybe some 98 models had regular automatic transmission. and he might be confused about the taillights because his originals were red with amber and when he updated them with new ones he thought that they were s4 tails.

MR VTEC
06-29-2004, 12:27 PM
That's Rice-a-roni
(drum roll then cymbal crash)
[rolleyes]
Those are more than rice!

SEXIC─N
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
That orange car look TYTE!!!

awe4rings
06-29-2004, 12:36 PM
The San Francisco treat alright...

littlewhite
06-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by awe4rings
WOW DDQ has found some serious RICE...haha i love the front extension on that Orange thing and the aluminum hoodwing on that other white thing...ehehe

blackknight why you say that about TAP? I just remember reading about the 2.0L and im interested in it, not like i will ever have the money but seems cool.

Well, i emailed them and called before, no luck. Been 4 yrs lol

littlewhite
06-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MR VTEC
That's Rice-a-roni
(drum roll then cymbal crash)
[rolleyes]
Those are more than rice!

Rice with Wasabi !

joeya103
06-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by DDQ
Is it safe to call this rice?

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/bignose.JPG

http://www.craigfr.com/rice/wings.JPG

That orange car looks like something out of a horror movie...like where the person's face gets all distorted and stretchy, only it's the car that's getting "Scream"-mask-like.

[eek]

unknownvirus
06-29-2004, 07:54 PM
i have a 97 auto..(no tip)
take pride in ur auto
and pimp the ladies..with both hands..
where as..i dont have to shift gears...MUAHAHAHAHAH

Pureaudi
06-29-2004, 08:12 PM
hahahahaha! thats hella funny

kontesto
06-29-2004, 10:27 PM
wow guys relax, I drive an auto and when im in rush hour traffic and im watching standard drivers shift nons top i laugh

if you dont care about the car rev it high in netural and then drop it into drive :D or e-brake turns but messes ure tires up

KM

Pureaudi
06-29-2004, 11:25 PM
SUUUBBBLLIIIMMEEE ISS THE BEST!!!!!

OverSpun
06-30-2004, 12:20 AM
ladies, calm down, its the internet. everyones tough when they are face to face with a screen.

SEXIC─N
06-30-2004, 12:46 AM
GRRRRRRRR!!