PDA

View Full Version : Braking problem...need help

tai
06-27-2004, 11:18 PM
When braking, it feels that the rotors are wharped...so after I changed it, the problem wasn't solved. During braking, it feels like the brakes are engaging on and off...any clue to as to what this could be?

If it's the abs system, what can I do to replace it or resolve the problem?

TIA

dukez
06-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Its the ABS. Thats how it works. Theres no fix or resolve. Well you can stop tailgating and braking so hard. [eek]

SEXIC─N
06-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dukez
Theres no fix or resolve. Well you can stop tailgating and braking so hard. [eek]

LOL

cj-S4
06-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by dukez
Its the ABS. Thats how it works. Theres no fix or resolve. Well you can stop tailgating and braking so hard. [eek]

Haha,, yeah it sounds like the ABS.

But if it is happening all the time you probably have air in your system. Or a bad ABS sensor.

I am armed
06-28-2004, 06:50 AM
I swear, our cars brakes are the worst at stopping the car. Isn't that what they were meant for? ;-)

Whenever im braking and coming to a stop, if I hit a pot hole in the road or a really rough spot, the brakes feel like they stop working. It's hard for me to stop, because it feels like the ABS is preventing me from getting any brake pressure so I have to let off the brakes, when I do, i can then re apply and the brakes are fine. If this is the ABS its not very safe, unless mines broke. But I don't have the abs light on.

SOrry to hijack, but anyhelp would be appreciated.

joeya103
06-28-2004, 07:24 AM
How hard are you guys braking??

I am armed
06-28-2004, 08:57 AM
It will do the shit im talking about if im braking hard or soft. Generally though, I get that type of feedback when im somewhat hard. It really is dangerous though, if I needed to stop, say if a car was infront of me, and I hit the brakes, it would not properly slow the car down, i'd have to let off, and re-apply. :(

cj-S4
06-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Try flushing the system out with a good brake fluid. Make sure you get all the air bled out and all the old fluid.

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 10:16 AM
If there is time, and while you are hitting the brake, put car in gear and slowly let off the cluth and or Ebrake also

tai
06-28-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm getting the feeling under both hard and soft braking....I'll try flushing out the system.

Where is the abs sensor? Maybe I need to clean it?

I am armed
06-28-2004, 11:37 AM
I'll flush my system this weekend.

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
ABS is located behind the rotor. If youare looking at the drivers side its on the left and on the Pass. its on the right. Its a plug.

I am armed
06-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Anyone know a write up on how to flush the brakes?