PDA

View Full Version : What do you think... (thinkin about selling my car)

1 ate T
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Thinkin about sellin the car... Car is on a rebuilt title, as it was wrecked and fixed (Sideswipped) before I got it. It could use repainted, but it's not horrible. So this is what I've got... All plus a few other things it comes to about $3000 into the car itself.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/virtualD/HPIM0090.jpg

2000 Brilliant Black 1.8TQM 109K miles

GIAC Software
Borla Catback
3" ATP Test Pipe
Custom FMIC
Custom Intake
710N Diverter Valve
-------------------------
H&R Race springs
Bilstein Grooved Fronts
Bilstein Sport Rears
-------------------------
18" Flik Artics
Kamei Grill w/ stock rings
Clear Corners
Smoked Side markers
Autometer Boost Gauge

How much realistically do you think I can get out of it?

JumboBlack1.8
04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm definately no expert, but I would say at least $9500 to $10k. The mileage is a bit high for some, but your mod list is fairly substantial. That being said, if I were going to sell my car, I would definately part-out, then sell stock. I always figured you'd end up making more money that way, especially since a stock car is appealing to a much larger market.

Squarrl
04-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I think the rebuilt title makes it worth very little. What are you wanting to replace it with?

JumboBlack1.8
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
^^you might be right....I completely forgot about the rebuilt title.

mikeyvuitton
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
ooo rebuilt title...
hmm not much.

1 ate T
04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I think I can get away with that title living where I live. The car has no problems whatsoever. Have had it for over a year and no probs at all.

20A4Audi1.8t01
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
That front mount looks sickkk! If you part lemme know! Im in Orl.

1 ate T
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
thanks [:D]

Ewok_Fetus
04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I would pay $8500 tops for a rebuilt title and for your year/mileage.

1 ate T
04-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Well I'm sayin... Even with the rebuilt title... If I got it painted it would be pretty much perfect...

I'll probably wanna keep it if I do that LOL.

CSHO1.8t
04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Well I'm sayin... Even with the rebuilt title... If I got it painted it would be pretty much perfect...

I'll probably wanna keep it if I do that LOL.

then DO IT!

audiness
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
why sell it?

not to be too harsh, but rebuilt titles sell for 25-35% less than blue book usually

Rosati
04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Just keep it.

Im keeping my B5 for the rest of my life, so if you dont like my ass get used to me : )

Jk.. Honestly this car means much more to me than $3-4k. I can afford to keep it plus you cant put a price on the B5 sometimes when they are in great condition and running order and modded.

Dont do it if you can afford to keep it!

Yeah man, salvage title, is not gonna be fun to sell for regular asking price. .... .its a red light to buyers

bronz
04-16-2007, 08:20 PM
around 7-8k id say... part out the exhaust and sell it to me

seank
04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
probably like 4000-5000 unless you can find some stupid 16 year old. the rebuilt title will scare people away even if it is in fine condition there is still the fact that it was hit hard enough to be totaled at one time.

Militant-Grunt
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I think you should keep it as you may loose out quite a bit on it, or part it out and slap a 2.7T in there =)

Ewok_Fetus
04-17-2007, 03:10 AM
A rebuilt title is still a rebuilt title. If you sprayed perfume on a turd, it is still a turd. A new coat of paint means nothing..

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
04-17-2007, 04:45 AM
probably like 4000-5000...

Agreed.
Jumboblack if you would pay that for his... Maybe you should buy my car. (clean title)

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure why it was totaled.. it didn't harm anything besides a few panels. The only thing i can think is because 1 air bag went off. That's the only reason I bought it, because I had seen all the damage... I'm positive I can sell it for what I bought it for.

I dunno it just seems like it's getting old... anyone else feel like this.

kgardnez2
04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I would place the value at $5K. People will only pay a small portion of the value of mods (like 25%-50%) which is why everyone parts out thier modded cars.

The salveage title will kill it for most, it doesn't matter why it was totaled (every salvage car has the same story... I don't know why it was totalled...)

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Listen... I'm not trying to create a reason for the salvage title to work... Never gave one, so stop saying that it doesn't matter why it was.

I am simply stating why I myself bought the car (as to not sound like an utter moron) [:D]

And yes I know you don't get shit for mods. It's about finding the right person to buy.

SoFresh
04-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd say since it has a rebuilt title... you wont get more than $5k, you could always part out and put the car back to stock to make a couple extra dollars... if it was a clean title, id say about 7k since its fairly high miles.

AHB900
04-17-2007, 04:15 PM
well bro lets just say mine when i got it with a rebuilt title it had 39k miles on it neuspeed chip and i paid $8500 oh and it was a fwd so ima have to say 5k? honestly with 109k miles i dont think ull get more than that

Rosati
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
you might as well sell the car honestly cause i dont think you love it.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I love it, I'm just less about my car when I don't really want to do anything else to it.

I'd love to go BT but I don't wanna drop the cash.

ActiveMonkey
04-17-2007, 05:21 PM
If you really want to sell it, part it out then go hit a nice dear. Problem solved.

But i'd say keep it.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 05:36 PM
If you really want to sell it, part it out then go hit a nice dear. Problem solved.

But i'd say keep it.

lol good point.[headbang]

B5-B_Broke
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
IMO would be to keep it cause of the title but if you really want to sell leave the mods so its marketable to younger people that really dont understand what a title is since the bank is gonna hold onto it anyway. but that FMIC did you have to remove your horn and cut some stuff as well or what. nice car bros keep it.

Jereme
04-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah man I was actually wondering if you had anymore pics of your FMIC as well.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll probably keep it but I always do this... *sigh

Anyways, with the FMIC, no I didn't have to take out the horns, they were higher up and not in the way. Since mine is 2000 (ATW), I had to take out the secondary air pump down there. All I did was cut a lot of plastic inside the bumper. I had to also cut out the brackets for the foglights, which sucked... But I'd rather have a FMIC then fogs.

Where you at in Florida? Cuz if you're thinkin about getting an FMIC I could help ya out.

More pics:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/virtualD/IMG_0722.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/virtualD/IMG_0723.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/virtualD/IMG_0724.jpg

B5-B_Broke
04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
jacksonville, yea i noticed the fog light which i guess you can maybe squeezw some aftermarket ones in there but when you ripped that air stuff didnt you get a cell i got the same year ATW adn def in the market for a front mount i was thinkin of doin the ebay custom from jsut intercoolers but if you got a better idea let me know. and i know what you two weeks ago i was gonna sell my car now i said F' it and going k04 with time

lude2euroa4
04-17-2007, 06:11 PM
** SELL IT ** SELL IT ** [cool]

lude2euroa4
04-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Im keeping my B5 for the rest of my life

hahaha ive heard that one soooooooo many times. well see u in the for sale section sooner or later... its just a matter of time till WANTING a new car suceeds and u swallow that pit in ur throat and buy one! for gods sake u have that liscence to buy CHEAP CARS

p.s. lemme know if you see any nice b6's w/ low mileage :)

kgardnez2
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Listen... I'm not trying to create a reason for the salvage title to work... Never gave one, so stop saying that it doesn't matter why it was.

You had stated "I'm not sure why it was totaled.. it didn't harm anything besides a few panels." and I'm just warning you that even if this is true (I have no reason not to believe you) pretty much no one will believe it as even the cars with frame damage are sold with the same story.

You asked our opinion, so don't go and get all offended when we offer it.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
jacksonville, yea i noticed the fog light which i guess you can maybe squeezw some aftermarket ones in there but when you ripped that air stuff didnt you get a cell i got the same year ATW adn def in the market for a front mount i was thinkin of doin the ebay custom from jsut intercoolers but if you got a better idea let me know. and i know what you two weeks ago i was gonna sell my car now i said F' it and going k04 with time

That's what I got (ebay). I already had a CEL from not having a cat, so yes I'm assuming that gives one too.

You had stated "I'm not sure why it was totaled.. it didn't harm anything besides a few panels." and I'm just warning you that even if this is true (I have no reason not to believe you) pretty much no one will believe it as even the cars with frame damage are sold with the same story.

You asked our opinion, so don't go and get all offended when we offer it.

Oh settle down I didn't mean it like you think. It's just all I've heard.

All I asked was how much everyones opinion would be, so don't take my comment the wrong way [up]