PDA

View Full Version : leaking a LOTT of oil

arizona steve
04-14-2007, 10:10 PM
like...a lot. i cant tell where its coming from because the whole under area is covered in oil and i always have to top it off etc.

it always leaked oil..but never this much.

aswell as power steering, i heard theres a hose that commonly goes out that is a PITA to replace and also quiet pricey.

i need to get these fixed, but if i can do them myself thatd be ideal. anyone got any ideas as to what could be leaking so badly?

edit:and does anyone here whos lowered use those ramps instead of jacks? seem a lot easier..

TurbousMaximus
04-14-2007, 10:39 PM
i can comment on the rhino ramps, bought the 12000's from super wal-marts for like 30some bucks. We got my brothers S4 on the things no problem just go slow best investment ive made.

Once you get the car up the leak should be noticeable i hope, or you can take off the belly pan, place cardboard under it and see the area its leaking from.

arizona steve
04-15-2007, 05:44 AM
im gona buy some tomorrow and get under there to check it out.

could it also be maybe an oil pan or something like that? something that i could have slammed on going over a nasty speed bump (when your low it happens no matter how hard you try not to sometimes..)

im really hoping its something i can fix myself. i need more wrench time on this car i suck at being a home mechanic.

audiness
04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
you really gotta find the source of your oil leak to begin fixing it. Could be an output seal, could be a hole in a hose or something. Try getting some royal purple engine oil , and since its a different color, maybe you can find where its leaking from

panix73
04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
could it also be maybe an oil pan...?

if it's the oil pan, your car is probably going to completely drain out 4.5qts in a couple minutes. I'm not sure how much you mean by ALOT, but either way you can't drive the car.
I would just throw it on some jack stands or a ramp, take the under belly pan off (if it's not cracked off anyway cause you think you just cracked your oil pan), power wash around the area, inspect for cracks, if you can't see anything, throw some cardboard under the car, dump a half quart in the car and wait for a leak! [wrench]

JaVa
04-15-2007, 12:55 PM
+1 for a good pressure washing. should be obvious after that!