PDA

View Full Version : transverse vs longitudal

AudiRacerS4
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
so i got into a debate about the jetta 1.8t and audi 1.8t over on AF and he is convinced that you can make the same power on a jetta and a4 with the saem basic k03 and k04. how does the transverse engine differ when it comes to power and turbos compared to the longitudal?

read the last page on the bottom
http://www.audiforums.com/m_509756/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm#510627

sean1.8t
04-14-2007, 09:35 PM
man i can't remember all the ways that they are. but ya, transverse 1.8t will somehow be able to make more power than the longitudinal. one being the VVT(have yet to hear for sure if that does help more than just emissions). also i feel like the IM is also of help over ours.. i know someone around here knows.

i wish i could be of better help cause that dude sucks. i've had a run in with him before also

Burntaudi
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Well for one thing there not even the same turbo's. K03/k04's in longitudinal & transverse are not even the same.

Wizard-of-OD
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
man i can't remember all the ways that they are. but ya, transverse 1.8t will somehow be able to make more power than the longitudinal. one being the VVT(have yet to hear for sure if that does help more than just emissions). also i feel like the IM is also of help over ours.. i know someone around here knows.

i wish i could be of better help cause that dude sucks. i've had a run in with him before also

VVT is just for emissions....it does NOT add to performance in any way shape or form.Its just a chain tensioners.nothing more,nothing less.

Transverse set up = power to 2 wheel,whereas we are powering 4 wheels (to put it simple).
Which engine would make more @ the crank on the K04?The AEB...larger ports and nicer intake manifold.(AEB manifold flows better than AWP unit).

Are people still using K04's?Damn...

seank
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
my main guess would be as said above mostly related to drive train loss.