PDA

View Full Version : She's gone...

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok! So I was on my way to go see the new movie RedLine. Only for the nice cars. I’m traveling down I-95 and its go-and-abruptly-stop traffic. So Im driving in the left lane behind an E350. So he decides to stop short and I hit my breaks and swerve into the shoulder to avoid hitting him. Little did I know the same thing would happen farther down the highway. Only this time, I didn’t swerve. I drove straight into his rear. The airbags didn’t deploy because we weren’t going fast enough.

So, I ask my passengers if they are fine and they say they are. So I get out and they guy is a total fuck head. He starts yelling a cursing at me. Keep in mind that this is my first accident ever, so I’m nervous as shit at the moment. So he proceeds to tell me to give him money to get the van fixed and he won’t call the cops. Well, upon him saying this I immediate thought back to one of the older threads in another forum about people getting screwed over for not calling the cops (as if what he said didn’t seem shady enough to me). So I got back in my car and called the police. Within 5 minutes they were at the scene.

So all the crap happened, forms got filled out, and I got a ticket for following too closely. (total of $103). No points against my license. I know I'm at fault.

So, let me know what your opinion is on what I should do. Should I get it fixed? Or get a new one? I really loved this car (I cared for it about as much as I cared for my girlfriend). I’m really shaken up after this.

My baby:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/04-13-07_1625-1.jpg

His truck:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/04-13-07_1626-1.jpg

GTO
04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Ouch sucks for your car man, i guess you'll avoid seeing dumb movies in the future now. btw, you have good taste in names. I hate to break it to you, but when rear ending someone else your gonna be at fault. The ticket the officers gave you may not be a point, but unless your damage and his amount to less than $750, which by the looks of things isn't so. You'll have a chargable accident on your record for a least 3 years by california standards. But calling the cops can be a good thing, i didn't call on one accident becuase it was so minor and later on i found out he charged a $4000 medical bills when the accident was at idle speed. Thats when police reports come in handy, it would of stated that there was no bodily injury.

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I guess it could have been god's way of saying "Dont see this movie."

what do you mean by good taste in names?

jkimspe
04-13-2007, 03:52 PM
wow you barely dent his bumper. He must have braked pretty hard for your car to go under his. Accidents suck and I definitely wouldnt have forked over cash to him. I would wait to see how much repairs would be to fix before getting a new one. although that is a lot of damage.

deux321
04-13-2007, 03:54 PM
ouch.... that sux man!
is your insurance gonna "total" it.
if they do i would just get a new one.

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
idk what insurance's deal is yet. if they do declar it totaled i want to get a new one. this time in manual.

sean1.8t
04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
looks like a good excuse to upgrade to the 1.8t family [;)]

glad everyone's ok

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
to be honest, i was looking at switching it for a 1.8t a few weeks before this.

thanks for your concearn

maxspeed
04-13-2007, 04:13 PM
shitty

Mattgfx
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
ow, get an b5 s4, damn your front bumper is like clean ...

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 04:24 PM
thats the exact same thing my friend said. about the bumper that is.

an s4 you say? how much is a used one (early b5)?

offroader1006
04-13-2007, 04:44 PM
early s4 means 2000, and they run14-18k high mileage

i though tby E350, you meant Benz E-class, i was like WTF how did a benz do that.

Starting
04-13-2007, 04:57 PM
didnt think you were following too close after the first mishap?

Leave more space.

I would think they would total that. Sucks

JaVa
04-13-2007, 05:15 PM
sorry dude, same thing happened to me except it was snowing and down hill, but if its low mileage with little engine damage it might not be totaled, but i am gonna say it will be, sorry to hear that.

seatown88
04-13-2007, 05:16 PM
holy crap ouch man, def time to upgrade 1.8t or if your lucky enough s4

GramCracker
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I need to strategically work on an S4 if it comes down to a new car. The car had 136,000 +/- on it. If that helps you guys determine if its totaled or not.

Rosati
04-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry to see my man...

if your interested in a 1.8T , check the link in my sig...

Best of luck to you, we are all the same way w/ our cars

quadaxel
04-13-2007, 08:43 PM
that sucks. good luck with everything!

TurbousMaximus
04-13-2007, 10:07 PM
ill take my girlfriend over my car any day......but yah sucks, glad everyones ok.

speedydragon
04-13-2007, 10:57 PM
early s4 means 2000, and they run14-18k high mileage

i though tby E350, you meant Benz E-class, i was like WTF how did a benz do that.

yea same here! even if it's not totaled you should sell it right away after it gets fixed just to avoid future problems.

bass_lover1
04-13-2007, 11:20 PM
sorry dude, same thing happened to me except it was snowing and down hill, but if its low mileage with little engine damage it might not be totaled, but i am gonna say it will be, sorry to hear that.

You gotta remember that the airbags didn't go off...

I was in an accident and the repair bill came out to about 7400 and change, this was on my 98 Passat 1.8T, paid 8100 for the car 3 years ago. I told the stupid ass insurance agent to total the damn car when he was writing the estimate, sucks for them that they paid out MORE than what they would have if they totaled it, idiots.

Rosati
04-13-2007, 11:31 PM
With all due respect, i think a 97 2.8 owner might have a hard time w/ an S4.

Id suggest 1.8T

Gundem
04-14-2007, 04:18 AM
With all due respect, i think a 97 2.8 owner might have a hard time w/ an S4.

Id suggest 1.8T

i beg to differ.

GramCracker
04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
How so? Im a little lost. 'splain please!

AudiA4_20T
04-14-2007, 07:28 AM
ill take my girlfriend over my car any day......but yah sucks, glad everyones ok.

Speak for yourself! jk [:D]

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
04-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that.
I'm glad you are taking repsonsibility knowing that you were driving to close in "go and stop abruptly traffic" as you would put it.

That is totalled. Or atleast you better pray it is.

Rosati
04-14-2007, 10:34 AM
How so? Im a little lost. 'splain please!

When you call i'll let you know why

Rosati
04-14-2007, 10:37 AM
i beg to differ.

Thats because your a 2.8 owner as well.

Try dealing w/ the workings of a turbocharged engine like the rest of us, and then see how ready you are for a twin turbo, more problematic S4.

allshowA4
04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
i had something similar happen. just pray that its totalled because its SUCH a pain to deal with getting that much repaired and dealing with it after its fixed too

Gundem
04-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Thats because your a 2.8 owner as well.

Try dealing w/ the workings of a turbocharged engine like the rest of us, and then see how ready you are for a twin turbo, more problematic S4.

oh no doubt it's a more problematic car. but Audi is not the only Turbo car out there you know. my dad owns a turbo car as well. [rolleyes]

The only thing that makes an audi harder to work on is the design and placement not the simple fact of it being an Turbo or twin turbo.

docurley
04-16-2007, 04:59 AM
R.i.p

loustylez
04-16-2007, 06:50 AM
sucks man.

that'll learn ya to follow close in traffic. everyone knows all it takes is a second to look away for the person in front of you to step on their brakes and yur screwed. that barely almost happened to me today, where i looked away at some chix then i look back and the car's slowing down in front of me... you just never know. keep yur distance and pay attention.

somethin tells me they prolly won't total that car.

AUD-A4
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
hope everything works out for you in the long run man!!!

oh no doubt it's a more problematic car. but Audi is not the only Turbo car out there you know. my dad owns a turbo car as well. [rolleyes]

The only thing that makes an audi harder to work on is the design and placement not the simple fact of it being an Turbo or twin turbo.

i agree,my two brothers have turbo charged cars and i know plenty about how a turbo works and about its components. just b/c we're N/A doesn't mean we're stupid!!!

Rosati
04-16-2007, 09:55 AM

WTF does that matter? Your dad owns a turbo car?

It still means that you dont know shit. Problems are not in the placements alone of the turbo, that is only ONE problem.

Dont roll your eyes at me w/o making a good point, you havent worked on these 1.8T's or know anything about the multiple bumps in the road when it comes to a S4 Biturbo compared to a simple V6. What is so hard about the placement of the 1.8t's turbo? Oh thats right, you dont work on cars, so it is hard for you

ICEBIRGSLIM
04-16-2007, 10:24 AM
^^^
EASY FELLAS

Sorry to hear about the car man, im in CT too, that really sux... i've been in the same situation a few times because of dumb drivers in front of me, where nice defensive driving and not panicking came in very handy ...... hope all goes well with the insurance company!

Gundem
04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
WTF does that matter? Your dad owns a turbo car?

It still means that you dont know shit. Problems are not in the placements alone of the turbo, that is only ONE problem.

Dont roll your eyes at me w/o making a good point, you havent worked on these 1.8T's or know anything about the multiple bumps in the road when it comes to a S4 Biturbo compared to a simple V6. What is so hard about the placement of the 1.8t's turbo? Oh thats right, you dont work on cars, so it is hard for you

lol..this guy.

i meant the placement in general. not only turbos. i'm gonna ignore the rest of your reply since it's pretty ignorant.

nizmosx
04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
try to have it totalled man.

Rosati
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
lol..this guy.

i meant the placement in general. not only turbos. i'm gonna ignore the rest of your reply since it's pretty ignorant.

Placement in general? Wtf?

speaking of ignorance im gonna tell you to go grab your rainbow flag and anti war posters , and Go head to Frisco w the rest of your people and speak out against the war .

Only an ignorant person would know that peace cant be achieved there w/o a physical presence , so dont call me ignorant

[:D]

Eurotuned_A4
04-16-2007, 03:43 PM
glad your ok. always call the cops after an accident. i should have done that last year....turns out the stupid lady didnt have insurance and thats a $580 ticket here....it was probably worth more than her pos car

Shifty
04-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Van wins!

Really sucks man. Good luck with your next Audi. ;)

umyskam
04-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Boom goes the dynomite.

Matt@JHM
04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry man - that just plain sucks.

Any update on insurance decision?

Rosati
04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
^^ x2

Ive been seein alotta B5s at the auction as well ( and 2 s4's just this week)

sushi_turbo
04-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Like what I few people stated, I believe it's S4 time.

SoFresh
04-17-2007, 12:57 PM
you cared about your car as much as your girlfriend... i suggest not only getting a new car, maybe get a new girlfriend as well..?

GTO
04-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I guess it could have been god's way of saying "Dont see this movie."

what do you mean by good taste in names?

I meant my name is Graham as well, unless your from the U.K. i hardly hear it.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Sucks for you man. Get something other than an Audi while you still have the choice.

you cared about your car as much as your girlfriend... i suggest not only getting a new car, maybe get a new girlfriend as well..?

And yeah, that's pretty dang bad...

Cosmic Fur
04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Did anyone else chuckle after seeing the damage to the car and then the damage to the van? Don't mess with vans, lol.

1 ate T
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Did anyone else chuckle after seeing the damage to the car and then the damage to the van? Don't mess with vans, lol.

That van said GTFO.

GTO
04-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I've been rear ended in our Suburban, just had to replace the little Chevy Bowtie coming out of the hitch reciever, The other guy though, He put our trailer hitch right through the radiator, the mechanic had to remove the radiator and supports just to seperate the two cars. My damage 30 bucks at Mammoth for our new hitch reciever cover, his damage, I don't even want to guess. TRAILER HITCHES ALWAYS WIN!

GramCracker
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
OK. Sorry to bump the old thread.

News update!!!

I talked with insurance and they said it is totaled. :( But... she said i was getting a little over $6,000 from it. Wheeeeee!!!!!!!! The ammount I'm getting back still has to be finalized, but thats a fairly accurate estimate of what Im getting.

Hey Rosati, look out! Im hunting S4's and if I go to get one, it's through you.

I might also seriously look at 1.8T's. Due to the fact that I'm coming from a turbo-less car, and as you said, I can easily get horsepower out of it (ie. larger turbo, dyno tune, exhaust ect.).

As for a "not-an-audi," what should I be looking for? A Vee-Dub? I want an Audi. Just like Rosati said on the phone, us audi guys are picky.

Rosati
04-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Sounds good !

Ill run a search for you tomorrow bro, the list is updated and most accurate on monday and tuesday... So watch out for PM

[up]

GramCracker
04-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Will do. I'm going to have a serious chat with the pap's (father) tomorrow as well. I'll keep an eye out for your PM.