PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a FMIC?

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
We have a B5 A4 in the shop right now that we've been developing a FMIC kit for, if anyone is interested in introductory pricing on the kit feel free to email me:

clay.marshall@kineticmotorsport.com

Preferential pricing may also be available for a very crazy turbo kit in development for 20V applications, the crown jewel being a cast tubular exhaust manifold... If you're local to the pacific north west it may be in your best interest to PM or E-mail me.

Cheers,

Clay

http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/images/images/english/imageLogo.jpg

sean1.8t
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
intruigued...

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
intruigued...

You already have a fast car, you're not allowed any more go fast goodies [;)]

sean1.8t
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
haha, you must be thinking of someone else.. but i just e-mailed you

and you're one to talk [:p]

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
haha, you must be thinking of someone else.. but i just e-mailed you

and you're one to talk [:p]

I'll check the old work email in the morning [cool] [up]

I can set you up with whatever you'd like [;)]

Rosati
04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
all depends on price.

The last IC thread showed a nice sized cooler from Just intercoolers for 115

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
all depends on price.

The last IC thread showed a nice sized cooler from Just intercoolers for 115

Unfortunately we don't sell Ebay intercoolers or products that need hacking to make work. We leave those to the DSM drivers and Honda drivers. I prefer to put on quality parts that have been designed by professionals. Although the prices have gone down, we do still drive Audis. I would think you'd do the same since apparently you have "EPL" in your sig, just like I do.

[race]

Rosati
04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I wasnt speaking for myself. I was speaking for the majority.

Either way, price will be the major role

Great point btw

Im interested [up]

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
pm sent

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I wasnt speaking for myself. I was speaking for the majority.

Either way, price will be the major role

Great point btw

Im interested [up]

Well from what I've gathered FMICs for the B5s and B6s are much higher than what we would generally charge. Our FMIC kits for the VW MKIV 1.8T is on special right now for 725USD on our website, that includes freight to your door step.

The FMIC for the Audi's is somewhat simpler than that kit so I would expect the kit to be around the same price or lesser depending on production costs. We do a large # of FMICs for various applications including DSM Talons as much as I like to make fun of them. So our kits are generally very competitively priced.

It will be reasonably priced compared to others and the performance will certainly be there. Thanks for the replies guys, they are always appreciated. If anyone is local and would like to come take a look or potentially pick one up when they are complete feel free to PM/Email me.

PS: All PMs replied [:D]

Cheers

Clay

Rosati
04-12-2007, 09:47 PM
well, in that case, TTIWWP [:)]

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM
well, in that case, TTIWWP [:)]

You are very fast to reply, and I don't know what that means lol [headbang]

BranCKY3
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 09:59 PM
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics

Haha, come by the shop and you can look, but no pics allowed right now [mad]

AudiA4_20T
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
hey man you doing a B6 one as well? Thatd be a good market to start with also

Clay @ Kinetic
04-12-2007, 10:58 PM
hey man you doing a B6 one as well? Thatd be a good market to start with also

yes, and there is a post in the B6 forum [;)]

98a4
04-13-2007, 06:02 AM
You already knew the intrest was there. But by bashing people doing Ebay FMIC that seem to work good for most applications wont get you very far in trying to justify the extra 400$ for a few welds on pipes.

Size, Fittment, Price, Specs, ect would all help your cause.

Clay @ Kinetic
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll have more info as the kits becomes available. Ebay intercoolers are a great, and you can always tell a quality ebay intercooler by the polished end tanks, they look great.

Rosati
04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
^^I suppose that was sarcasm.

Also, we cant "stop by " BC, Canada.....

Euro-Tuner
04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
pics...kinda interested...kinda

sean1.8t
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll have more info as the kits becomes available. Ebay intercoolers are a great, and you can always tell a quality ebay intercooler by the polished end tanks, they look great.

haha, awesome..[:p]

e-mail me!

dualaudi
04-13-2007, 10:09 PM
You already knew the intrest was there. But by bashing people doing Ebay FMIC that seem to work good for most applications wont get you very far in trying to justify the extra 400$ for a few welds on pipes.

Size, Fittment, Price, Specs, ect would all help your cause.

I'll speak up for the ebay intercoolers (since I just went that route), they may not look like greddy end tanks, but they do work...

As far as the kennytex FMIC's well 725 doesn't sound like the worst possible price for one, i think $600 would be better. The piping is where it's at... this can save you time or make you spend more time on the install... If I had the money, which is rarely the case, I would possibly spend $650 for a full kit with nice bends...

dualaudi
04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Haha, come by the shop and you can look, but no pics allowed right now [mad]

What the hell? "No Pics Allowed Right Now" give me a break... send us some eye candy, and while you're at it, since you're trying to sell us, post up some IATs (internal air temps) for the different set ups. I.e. k04 iat b/f and after.... as well as a gt28rs b/f and after...

we wanna see pictures and logs... c'mon sell us!

Clay @ Kinetic
04-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I'll speak up for the ebay intercoolers (since I just went that route), they may not look like greddy end tanks, but they do work...

As far as the kennytex FMIC's well 725 doesn't sound like the worst possible price for one, i think $600 would be better. The piping is where it's at... this can save you time or make you spend more time on the install... If I had the money, which is rarely the case, I would possibly spend $650 for a full kit with nice bends...

Wait till you see the BT kit we're working on [eek] the FMIC kit will be in that range and freight will be included, 725 shipped is pretty good considering shipping is easily $30-45 on a parcel that size [;)]

98a4
04-14-2007, 05:28 AM
This thread is a joke. Its a feeler to see if there is interst. You must be under a rock for the last few years to not know there is intrest in an alternative FMIC to SPP/ER, Greedy, Apr, ect.

Its also very hard to polish alum sheeting, so beacuse your end tanks were worked on a buffing wheel that is the only point you make against Ebay cores?

Additionally, the ture reason for a fmic is its cooling abilities, not its appearance (for most people).

I call you out on justifying the 500$ more, and you respond with polished tanks?

sean1.8t
04-14-2007, 05:30 AM
^you so missed like 3 different points dude. chill out

read the first line in the first post. the FMIC is already being developed and almost ready. he is letting everyone know that it is happening and offering to give more information if interested. do you get it now?

and im pretty sure the polished endtanks remark was total sarcasim.. meaning that it was the opposite of what he meant. get it?

98a4
04-14-2007, 06:16 AM
No i get it. But I'm still looking for him to justify the reason for the 500$ after bashing alot of users with DIY

Rosati
04-14-2007, 10:26 AM
^^ exactly

Yeah sean, get off Ralf's dick.

[:p]

dualaudi
04-14-2007, 08:53 PM
^^ exactly

Yeah sean, get off Ralf's dick.

[:p]

^^ HAHAHHAHAHA! yeah what he said. (side note --> wheres the pictures?)

Oricle
04-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Do these FMIC require any cutting with a RS4 bumper? How long do you estimate the wait to be? You said you had FMIC for $725 shipped, currently? Would these require any cutting either?

Piping wise, I'm running a GTRS. Would the setup be fine for a GTRS?

sean1.8t
04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
on no one's nuts here. just trying to look out for a guy that is going out of his way to help us forgoten B5 A4 guys out..

but hey, be dicks, scare him off. if we do that to every shop and company then we'll never get any more options. won't that be great [rolleyes]

Oricle
04-14-2007, 11:55 PM
on no one's nuts here. just trying to look out for a guy that is going out of his way to help us forgoten B5 A4 guys out..

but hey, be dicks, scare him off. if we do that to every shop and company then we'll never get any more options. won't that be great [rolleyes]

You forgot one big thing. I've never seen a thread educating us on the difference between a $200 FMIC and a $1000 FMIC. I honestly don't have a clue. Like the thread starter said, the quallity is better. I'm just not sure flow charactersitics, big differences, etc. Not saying I'd choose a $200 intercooler over his, I'm just not sure on the big differences. If anyone would be willing to educate me feel free to.