PDA

View Full Version : ive searched and now posted pc-16 file

B5-B_Broke
04-11-2007, 11:27 PM
i am considering building up to the K04 upgrade and figured out what i should do first and have that all down pretty good except for 3 things

1.on a stock map and with bolt on upgrades such as FMIC, Exhaust, TP, turbo mani, turbo hoses would it be worth it to upgrade the injectors to 318cc and reset the ECU runnin the 4bar FPR or any FPR .?

2.im worried about gettin this damn K04 not cause of the turbo itself but because i hear it runs like shit with the PC16 file unless you knock the boost down to 15 which theres no point when i can do that with a K03..

3. some say yes others say no... aftermarket intake???...

so any input would be appreciated i hope this wasnt to much a of new guy question i just would like to hear if the pc16 file is as bad as they say. and from what they say it sux.
[confused]
2000 audi a4 1.8t quattro
b5 so far all i have is a forged DV valve ...just gettin started.

Lazer Viking
04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
dosent matter, pc16 isnt available for your 2000

Poopie
04-12-2007, 01:11 AM
where are you searching?

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 05:59 AM
ive searched on here and checked most places such as audi world and im hearing that the pc-16 file works pretty much on all the B5's but they work like shit at anything more than 15lbs of boost..
so whats your take on the injector thing as well as the intake thing.
and if not the pc16 file then what does giac use with the 2000 audi a4 1.8t quattro

94jedi
04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
keep reading/searching bro.

not sure where you heard the 15psi thing but it's BS or an isolated issue. PC-16 runs hard.

you need the j-31 file for your 2000.

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
the J-31 File for you car runs anywhere between 23-28psi of boost. And for the record 15psi on a K03 and K04 are completly different since the K04 flows more than the K03. There are alot of mixed oppinions on intakes for turbo cars; you will not see any performance gains its mainly for sound purposes. In order to run the J-31 file on your car you will need an exhaust, upgraded DV, new fuel injectors, adj. FPR, FMIC, K04-15 turbo, and the sowtware to run it. I also suggest you invest in a boost guage and vagcom ; )

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
hey man i really appreciate the you clearing that up about the giac program but theres a guy on here that has a ton of replies to the same issue with the pc16 all of them say at low rpm when they floor it it bogs out and buck like a bronco i will post the the link if i can find it again and they all said that it runs fine on lower boost

dualaudi
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
keep reading/searching bro.

not sure where you heard the 15psi thing but it's BS or an isolated issue. PC-16 runs hard.

you need the j-31 file for your 2000.

^^^ [:D] What he said!

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
hey man i really appreciate the you clearing that up about the giac program but theres a guy on here that has a ton of replies to the same issue with the pc16 all of them say at low rpm when they floor it it bogs out and buck like a bronco i will post the the link if i can find it again and they all said that it runs fine on lower boost

your car doesn't run the PC-16 file so you shouldn't be worried. And the problem with the PC-16 bucking is due to the cold weather and incorrect setting on the FPR. I had the same problem with mine and was the one who started that thread you're talking about. I run 28psi on my K04 with no problem what so ever

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 11:34 AM
well you can say what you want but heres the thread for the discussion alot of guys saying the same thing... check it out the guy actually has a petition goin on so that giac will update the software

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117273

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
well you can say what you want but heres the thread for the discussion alot of guys saying the same thing... check it out the guy actually has a petition goin on so that giac will update the software

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117273

If you look closely almost half the posts in that thread are from me...second I don't think you understand that your car DOES NOT RUN PC-16!!!! You run a file that is called J-31, I had it on my old car. Its a very aggressive and strong file. Thast the one you would run on your car. You can't run PC-16 on a DBW car such as your own. And like i said before the bogging and bucking has nothing to do with th PC-16 file or GIAC, it just needs to be tuned and set up correctly and then it works flawlessly. Most people who had problems with it, like myself and others is becuase we like to tweak and fine tune our set-ups which leads to problems that need to be corrected, in that case it was due to the fuel pressure not being correct and a fouled spark plug.

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 11:47 AM
ok i was just on the thread and saw you up there so thats all it was ..not an issue with the file i also heard some where else that the file was created for and awe tuned race vehicle quite some time back so i will look up the j-31 thanx again for clearing that up for me ohh and as for the bigger injectors with bolt ons but no chip does it make sense to upgrade without the chip or does it just give some peopl a warm and fuzzy. again thanx

mike-2ptzero
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
GIAC chips for the 2000 with a K04 are

K05 file, runs 22psi and can be used with or without a fmic(better to have one)
J31 file, runs 23-28+psi and must be used with a fmic

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
in order to run bigger injectors you need programming aka a chip or else your car will run like shit and extremely rich. I know for the PC-16 file you have to run 310cc injectors and a 5bar adj. FPR. You can't run bigger injectors on a B5 with a stock turbo, only the B6 guys get the 1+ program. You can get a FMIC, exhaust and intake without a chip but I wouldn't mess around with boost or fueling with no chip. Also the chip costs $400 and gives you more power than the intake exhaust and FMIC combined and costs a fraction of the price.

mike-2ptzero
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
in order to run bigger injectors you need programming aka a chip or else your car will run like shit and extremely rich. I know for the PC-16 file you have to run 310cc injectors and a 5bar adj. FPR. You can't run bigger injectors on a B5 with a stock turbo, only the B6 guys get the 1+ program. You can get a FMIC, exhaust and intake without a chip but I wouldn't mess around with boost or fueling with no chip. Also the chip costs $400 and gives you more power than the intake exhaust and FMIC combined and costs a fraction of the price.

Well you can run larger injectors but the trick is to get the same combo with an adjustable fpr. For the GIAC K04 files for the 2000, this means 33.19lbs injector combo which is what the stock injectors and 5bar fpr come out too.

BTW the PC16 was tuned with RC 310cc injectors and 3 bar fpr, but that still caused the car to run slightly rich. This is why most of the guys use a adjustable fpr with fuel pressure set around 2.6-2.8bar.

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Well you can run larger injectors but the trick is to get the same combo with an adjustable fpr. For the GIAC K04 files for the 2000, this means 33.19lbs injector combo which is what the stock injectors and 5bar fpr come out too.

BTW the PC16 was tuned with RC 310cc injectors and 3 bar fpr, but that still caused the car to run slightly rich. This is why most of the guys use a adjustable fpr with fuel pressure set around 2.6-2.8bar.

^^ exactly that was my problem, my fuel pressure was messed up and I ran extremly rich and it caused the car to bog like crazy under load.

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
again thanx so im gonna look up the j-31 and take a look at k05 file .. and i would get the chip now but im gonna wait till i have the necessary goodies for the K04 and thats some serious boost out of an upgrade man again thanx for the input and advice ....im gonna go look for the snub mount and the DTS i want everything to be tight before start adding torque and horsepower.

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
are you tiptronic or manual?

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 12:24 PM
i got the manual

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
04-12-2007, 01:24 PM
your funny

AudiRacerS4
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
you might want to upgrade your clutch

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
you might want to upgrade your clutch

thanx man i appreciate you clearing that up for me cause i really just thought that giac made this one program (PC16) and thought they would just tweak hear and there...ive checked the giac site and it didnt say a file or anything like that but yea thanx for the heads up im definately more educated on the matter now.[up]

b5v6
04-12-2007, 01:59 PM

I have p-16 and wouldn't say it bucks like a bronco. At a very low rpm it bucks when floored, but it is so low in rpm range that you would never really floor it there (between 1k and 2k rpm)

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
anybody have any numbers for the j31 map with boltons and maybe some other advice now that the can is open

mike-2ptzero
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
anybody have any numbers for the j31 map with boltons and maybe some other advice now that the can is open

Here is #'s from MMart back in 2004. These are at the crank.

Giac J31 software. 250hp, 344 tq

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Here is #'s from MMart back in 2004. These are at the crank.

Giac J31 software. 250hp, 344 tq

are we talkin at the wheel or the crank

mike-2ptzero
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
are we talkin at the wheel or the crank

crank. Just remove 22% for driveline to get readings at the wheels.

Just did a quick search here on AZ for "J31" and here is some #'s that Alen just posted up in Jan this year.

Put down 206 awhp and 288 awtq. click here for his post (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115742&highlight=J31)

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
crank. Just remove 22% for driveline to get readings at the wheels.

i thought 22% was for non quattro and for that you actually take of a little more i thouhgt i read something like 30% which is shit

maxspeed
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
you thought wrong

mike-2ptzero
i thought 22% was for non quattro and for that you actually take of a little more i thouhgt i read something like 30% which is shit

No not at all. Quattro driveline is right around 22%, FWD is only 12-15%. These are figures for manual, tip/auto will add a little more on top of those. Now there are dyno's out there (like the dyno dynamics) that will give a 30-35% loss from chp to whp because of the roller setup.

AudiRacerS4
Heres what i dynoed at with my old car

J31 File
205awhp
276wtq

Mustang Dyno
93 Octane

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
No not at all. Quattro driveline is right around 22%, FWD is only 12-15%. These are figures for manual, tip/auto will add a little more on top of those. Now there are dyno's out there (like the dyno dynamics) that will give a 30-35% loss from chp to whp because of the roller setup.

ok thanx 22% isnt great but it aint bad either besides i would never give up the quattro. and its pretty amazing what these little ass 1.8t motors can get out of them.

b00st
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM

sucks for him. but its his car. i've been running the file for over 2yrs now. and i've never had that issue. and i boost up to 21-22psi. no low rpm issues at all.

B5-B_Broke
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
sucks for him. but its his car. i've been running the file for over 2yrs now. and i've never had that issue. and i boost up to 21-22psi. no low rpm issues at all.

turns out there was a fueling problem in cold weather i guess but they seemed to all agree that the problem was an easy fix with some additional tuning i guess i dont have to worry about that with j31 i saw allens numbers and he was spiking pretty bad but i think it was cause of his set up but i havnt finished reading it yet.

and another thing i was on the apr website they have the a chip that they say is 206hp i was wondering if that was similar to the j31 file cause that seems to be the number those guys get with the file at the wheels just about or is apr advertising the CHP?

starting to peice it together just bought the snubmount next in line the DTS

mike-2ptzero
04-13-2007, 07:28 AM
turns out there was a fueling problem in cold weather i guess but they seemed to all agree that the problem was an easy fix with some additional tuning i guess i dont have to worry about that with j31 i saw allens numbers and he was spiking pretty bad but i think it was cause of his set up but i havnt finished reading it yet.

and another thing i was on the apr website they have the a chip that they say is 206hp i was wondering if that was similar to the j31 file cause that seems to be the number those guys get with the file at the wheels just about or is apr advertising the CHP?

starting to peice it together just bought the snubmount next in line the DTS

Those #'s from APR are at the crank. Tuners claim CHP #'s while people on the forum will give WHP after hittting a dyno.

b00st
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Those #'s from APR are at the crank. Tuners claim CHP #'s while people on the forum will give WHP after hittting a dyno.

werd.

and none of it matters since your MY 2000 and you need J31 as everyone mentioned. thats a torque monster of a file.

B5-B_Broke
04-13-2007, 03:22 PM
werd.

and none of it matters since your MY 2000 and you need J31 as everyone mentioned. thats a torque monster of a file.

from the looks of it your not joking 205,206 at the wheels is serious for an upgrade im working on the drivetrain before i start throwing more power into it though i dont want slop . but yea ive been looking around and it seem you really only get that file from select shops that people are having a hard time gettin it form giac....

which reminds me from giac they only over there chip in a triple stack with the flash loader or i guess i can get a chipped j31ecu off of here. but man im siked to go kill some freakin hondas..

TQMB5
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
i have both... pm me

B5-B_Broke
04-13-2007, 04:02 PM
i have both... pm me

i saw them earlier with all the goodies to and i would but just dont have the cash for them right now

hey also just to get some info ive been looking around but i just cleared the cel code and cant remember what it was but i know it said runnin lean all cylinders ive looked around and found out it can be plenty of things like maf 02 sensors and vac hoses . but if anybody can stear me through this one it would be great by the way already replaced fuel filter and FPR havnt done the injector cleaner yet .... inputs are appreciated and welcome. im going to by vacuum hosed for the DV and the FPR just to make sure are there anymore i should know about.. thanx[headbang]