PDA

View Full Version : New LED Taillights

Wilco
04-11-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.nickawilliams.com/images/misc/ledtails.jpg

So what do you guys think? These are the most stock-ish looking one's I've seen yet. I just ordered them from a guy in Australia, so we'll have to see what the build quality is like when I receive them. I'm pretty sure that bowed/bulge look to the turn signal/reverse light area is just the way the photo was taken, but I guess I'll find out for sure when they get here.

I think I'd prefer the prism effect that our stock tails have on the turn signal/reverse lights, but maybe that's being too picky. I could probably tint that part or mod it some other way if it ends up bugging me that much.

solowb5
04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
doesnt look like they will be a direct swap for the electrical hook up

DRA4
04-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Those look alright, do they have site for them?

Wilco
04-11-2007, 11:50 AM
doesnt look like they will be a direct swap for the electrical hook up

What makes you say that? Because they are LED or from Australia or something?

solowb5
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
bc how the lighting is setup.like the turn signal. im just guessing bc i cant see the back

ProOnThaSnow
04-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I saw these on ebay yesterday... I'm glad someone is buying them. I was thinking about buyin a set just to tint and then put on the car. I feel so much safer when I have LED's as my brake lights. I've been rear-ended 3 times and am paranoid as hell about getting rear-ended again.

Wilco
04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
bc how the lighting is setup.like the turn signal. im just guessing bc i cant see the back

Good call - I imagine it's nothing a little solder and heat-shrink tubing can't solve though! [wrench] Maybe even fashion some custom plugs so they can be swapped out later . . . guess we'll see how things look when they get here.