PDA

View Full Version : quick coilover question

theskuh
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
hey can you set coilovers at stock ride height if need be? Like for winter in VT. I know people drive them low in the winter too. But I was just wondering cause most say 1.5" drop. But if I wanted 3/4" drop can I crank them up that high. I just didn't now if there is a predetermined drop before you can adjust them? Getting hung up here is what would get me stuck.

thanks

tom

1 ate T
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Depends on the coilover

theskuh
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Right. Any one that is more adjustible? KW seems like it would be it is fun trying to hunt down all the specs on each one.

kish0000
04-11-2007, 06:50 AM
i have a set of Konis and you can set them pretty high if need be

onemoremile
04-11-2007, 06:59 AM
I had KW V1 and had them set at several different heights. They will go to stock sport height and will ride and handle very good there. I ran them with H-Sport anti roll bars and loved them at about a half inch below stock sport. That is about a 1 finger gap and perfect for daily driving. I swapped back to stock sport suspension for winter.

98a4
04-11-2007, 07:15 AM
My KW's seem like they will go higher then Non sport stock. Dont trust any drop specs because they are way off. I have well oevr a 100mm drop with 20mm or so to go, and apparently they are only rated for 70mm drop max? Bullshit.

theskuh
04-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the great info! I was thinking of doing the K1's with the H-sport. I dunno if they will be too stiff cause I will be carting around my soon to be newborn son occasionally. I guess I will just have to give them a shot and see. I looked at the street sports too. Hard to know what to choose when I haven't had seat time in ether. My buddy has the eibach/bilistens on his 2.8. I am going to give them a try but I would rather have coilovers for the adjustibility.

onemoremile
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
My boys are now 18 months and 4.5 years old. The coilovers were great on smooth roads but jolts from freeway expansion joints woke them up several times. More compliant suspension would have saved my wife and I some headaches.