PDA

View Full Version : Installed my DTS and sport seats today

BQAD
06-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I gotta say they are both WELL worth getting. The DTS really smooths out the drivetrain, no more yo-yoing. And the sport seats are like 100x better than the non-sport fake leather stock seats because not only do they hold you in place way better, but they are more comfortable as well because of the cushion design. I almost feel like I'm driving a different car.

widm3r
06-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Any pics?

RippleChip
06-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice.....pics?

marked001
06-27-2004, 06:40 AM
gotta do it [;)]

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/useless.gif

BQAD
06-27-2004, 08:11 AM
I didn't take any pics yet, I'm going to go take some now.

Hey marked001, what's the pirateupholstery website for?

BQAD
06-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Here's a pic of the seats and DTS.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/1448sport_seats-1-med.jpg
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/1448AWE_DTS-2-med.jpg

A4SUM
06-27-2004, 12:41 PM
do you feel a noticable difference with the dts?...im contemplating on getting one, but i heard its not a good idae if you have a snub mount

Chard
06-27-2004, 12:56 PM
you can run both. The DTS makes a huge difference in the feel of the shifter. No more moving all over the place when your hand is on it...just a lot more solid.

BQAD: with the sport seats, don't you feel like you're angled more towards the steering wheel in the lowest position than with the other seats? I have both and while I think the sport ones are more supportive, I like the laid back angle of the stocks ones better. Can't beat lumbar support tho [:)]

BQAD
06-27-2004, 01:51 PM
I definitely felt a noticeable difference with the DTS. I don't have a snub mount though, so if you have one you may not notice as much of a difference. It will still be an improvement though, cause they work at different points of the car (front of engine vs. transmission). Like Chard said, there's people that run both for a cumulative effect.

Chard: Initially I did notice a slight difference in the angles, but after adjusting the new seats around to where I like them it's insignificant. I like to sit about mid height and I angle the seatback back a little to get the position I like. I also readjusted the steering wheel a little bit. Both the old and new seats have lumbar support. The old was electric and the new is manual. Both seem to work about the same. The new seats are a little lighter too. And for $400 for an entire set of seats (I have the rears too but didn't put them in), I think it's a really good bang for the buck mod.

imsosure
06-27-2004, 03:42 PM
BQAD, where did you get your sport seats?

BQAD
06-27-2004, 06:44 PM
I got them from the classifieds. They show up every now and then.

marked001
06-28-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by BQAD

Hey marked001, what's the pirateupholstery website for?

..good friend's site I'm supposed to be working on... he makes custom motorcycle and scooter seats.