PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP... brake light stays on while I'm driving...

EnvyJK
06-26-2004, 02:16 PM
I noticed last night while cruisin on the highway that my brake light was on, the one above the trunk. I pulled over thinking that my ebrake was still up, but it wasn't. Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening and what I should do?

TIA

AudiSnawb
06-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh I was guna say if its your drivers side tail light, the chance of your rear fog light being on is great..... lol, Sorry im no electrical junkie

SEXIC─N
06-26-2004, 03:00 PM
So let me get this straight, your BRAKE(with a red circle around it) is on on your dash? And your 3rd brake light is permenently on too? What about the 2 brake lights, are those on too?

RippleChip
06-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Are you saying your eye level brake light was on the whole time?

Brake lights aren't on when the ebrake is up.
The thing you would have is the red brake light on the dash when it is pulled up.

ECA4
06-27-2004, 06:50 AM
I know what your talking about with the brake light always being on. this actually happened to me a few months ago and I was given a $45 fine for it(you gotta love the Nj cops). The problem was that I wa using the wrong bulb, did you change one light or both of the tailights? if you just changed one or you have the old one laying around look at the prongs on the bottom. Make sure that the bulb you have in now has the same prongs the old bulb had or you'll find that the brake light will always be on. If you need to know the exact bulb size let me know i'll look it up for you.

EnvyJK
06-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ECA4
I know what your talking about with the brake light always being on. this actually happened to me a few months ago and I was given a $45 fine for it(you gotta love the Nj cops). The problem was that I wa using the wrong bulb, did you change one light or both of the tailights? if you just changed one or you have the old one laying around look at the prongs on the bottom. Make sure that the bulb you have in now has the same prongs the old bulb had or you'll find that the brake light will always be on. If you need to know the exact bulb size let me know i'll look it up for you.

ECA4, thaaaanks bro! I did change the rear tail light recently. That's what i thought too, but I haven't been able to find the 1057 bulb at a store, but i'll get on it right away. Thanks guys

EnvyJK
06-27-2004, 01:02 PM
hmm... i bought 1156 bulbs since they look just like the stock ones, but the brake light is still on. AND get this, when i have my headlights on and brake, the front corner lights light up even brighter! WTHHHH. Help me out man, this is really startin to bother me

audlman
06-27-2004, 01:32 PM
LOL its possessed!

SEXIC─N
06-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Same problem for me a while back, the brake lights bulbs(not 3rd brake light) are different from the turnsignals/warnings/fogs. The brake lights use 1157 bulbs and the other use 1156 bulbs

EnvyJK
06-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Audi_A4_Quattro
Same problem for me a while back, the brake lights bulbs(not 3rd brake light) are different from the turnsignals/warnings/fogs. The brake lights use 1157 bulbs and the other use 1156 bulbs

Thanks a lot bro! This is why i love this forum

SEXIC─N
06-28-2004, 02:25 PM
good to hear your problem is fixed.