PDA

View Full Version : argh!!!!!!! triple beeps and abs+brake light

a4justin
04-10-2007, 07:05 AM
I was on the hwy when all of a sudden i hear this beeping sound. I thought it was the gas indicator but it wan't i still had half a tank. I look down only to find that the ABS and the Brake light are on. The brake light is blinking. Whenever i start the car, the lights are still on and there are three beeps.

also at idle, if it sits for a period of time...roughly 1 minute, i get billowing smoke out of the back, its kinda whitesh light grey smoke and i'm not sure what it is...Damn Audi's.

onemoremile
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
The flashing brake light and beeping is a low brake fluid warning. Don't drive the car again without checking the fluid. Seriously.

Blue smoke is oil, white is coolant. It could also be something minor so don't panic.

a4justin
04-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Edit: It probably isn't blinking because its telling me its engaged...i'm a idiot.

Wholsea
04-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Usually its on solid when it is engaged...

I'd say its either the ABS controller or a wheel speed sensor...

offroader1006
04-10-2007, 07:56 AM
VAG it, if youve got communication codes, its the ABS module. pretty easy repair.

onemoremile
04-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Edit: It probably isn't blinking because its telling me its engaged...i'm a idiot.

LOL, a solid light is called an idiot light because it says "hey idiot, you forgot to check the fluid.". A flashing light says something less polite. In it's defense, it is trying to save your life... [;)]

Brake fluid should be changed (flushed, filled, and bled) every two years.

a4justin
04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
LOL, a solid light is called an idiot light because it says "hey idiot, you forgot to check the fluid.". A flashing light says something less polite. In it's defense, it is trying to save your life... [;)]

Brake fluid should be changed (flushed, filled, and bled) every two years.

The resivour is full, its past the mark a little, i checked it when the car was on and off an it didn't really change.

mravantit
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
going through the exact same thing. I vagged it and it came up as a "communication error between abs unit and dash", not sure what the hell that is, possible a bad ground, my mechanic is looking into it.

dj spiel
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
(ABS) is ABS = ABS/Speed Sensor "faulty"

( )= means-- Low Brake Fluid,Or Faulty Brake Pad Sensor or your fron pads are burnd thru the wire.

(ive had this issue since I bought car) Change sensor...went away for 6 months. Came back...LOW ON PADS changed them now its gone.

hope this helps

Klum00
09-06-2007, 07:19 AM
bringing this back from the dead i know, but my 96 is having the same issues. Solid ABS and Solid Brake light. It won't pass inspection now as I am looking to sell it. I was under the impression that the 96's did not have brake pad wear sensors? Is this not correct? I'm thinking there is a bad connection to the ebrake since the light is not blinking. Any help is greatly appreciated.