PDA

View Full Version : LC-1/ XD-16 having -- --

superman_006
04-09-2007, 06:41 PM
OK I got the LC-1 and the XD-16 (BRAND NEW)
I hooked up the LC-1 according to the manual,
Red to Switch (+)
Blue to Ground 1 (-)
Green and white to Ground 2 (-)

I put a terminator plug in the (IN) plug and hook the (OUT) to the (IN) of the XD-16

the XD-16 still had the -- -- on it
these are brand new, I have had them hooked up for 3 or 4 days, at first I got a -- --, then after I kept unplugging the 1/4" cables, I was getting value thats definatly not correct and it kept switching back and forth between AFR and % randomly, sometime it would stay on one for 2 or 3 second sometimes it would switch back and forth 10 time in one sec, So I unplug the 1/4" cable and now -- --, I unhook the O2 sensor and if the writings on the LC-1 towards me, i've got power on the middle one in the rear and groud the one under it and ground on a top one

mike-2ptzero
04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
OK I got the LC-1 and the XD-16 (BRAND NEW)
I hooked up the LC-1 according to the manual,
Red to Switch (+)
Blue to Ground 1 (-)
Green and white to Ground 2 (-)

I put a terminator plug in the (IN) plug and hook the (OUT) to the (IN) of the XD-16

the XD-16 still had the -- -- on it
these are brand new, I have had them hooked up for 3 or 4 days, at first I got a -- --, then after I kept unplugging the 1/4" cables, I was getting value thats definatly not correct and it kept switching back and forth between AFR and % randomly, sometime it would stay on one for 2 or 3 second sometimes it would switch back and forth 10 time in one sec, So I unplug the 1/4" cable and now -- --, I unhook the O2 sensor and if the writings on the LC-1 towards me, i've got power on the middle one in the rear and groud the one under it and ground on a top one

Did you follow the "quick start guide"?

They also have a manual on their site. click here (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/XD16_Manual.pdf)

Info for using the LC-1 with the XD16

If connecting to an LC-1 or LMA-3, connect the male 2.5mm Stereo to male 2.5mm Stereo cable between the
Serial OUT port of the LC-1 or the Serial OUT of the LMA-3 to the Serial IN port of the XD-16.

They also show.
5. No Connection detected
If the display shows: --.--.--
The XD-16 cannot receive data from the LM-1 or other devices. Check the cables.

BTW did you do a free air calibration?

superman_006
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I first followed their "quick guide" which left out the part about the terminator plug, so I read the whole pdf manual and found out the part about the terminator plug needind to be at the begining of the loop in the (IN), I didnt see any where that I need one at the end but I tried that, I have taken my kick-panel out like 4 or 5 times double checking my wirering, but no luck

mike-2ptzero
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
I first followed their "quick guide" which left out the part about the terminator plug, so I read the whole pdf manual and found out the part about the terminator plug needind to be at the begining of the loop in the (IN), I didnt see any where that I need one at the end but I tried that, I have taken my kick-panel out like 4 or 5 times double checking my wirering, but no luck

Doesn't the 2.5" cable go between the 2? Like stated below.

If connecting to an LC-1 connect the male to male 2.5mm Stereo cable between the Serial OUT port of the LC-1 to the Serial IN port of the XD-1.

Also make sure to do

Initiating a free air calibration:
Press the Control button three times rapidly.
The display will show a blinking: CAL
Pressing the Control button while the blinking CAL is displayed will initiate a free air calibration on ALL connected wideband devices.

Remember that the 02 sensor must be out of the exhaust pipe unless the car hasn't been driven in some time.

superman_006
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
This is the plug details according to the manual, I think I only have 1 + wire when I checked it, but the heater may have already went though its thing,

Bosch LSU4.2 NTK L1H1
1 Pump+
2 Sens+
3 Heater -
4 Pump-
5 Heater +

Wouldnt this confirm my wiring is good, I have 2 neg and one positve

mike-2ptzero
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Have you tried their forum?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/

superman_006
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Doesn't the 2.5" cable go between the 2? Like stated below.

If connecting to an LC-1 connect the male to male 2.5mm Stereo cable between the Serial OUT port of the LC-1 to the Serial IN port of the XD-1.

Also make sure to do

Initiating a free air calibration:
Press the Control button three times rapidly.
The display will show a blinking: CAL
Pressing the Control button while the blinking CAL is displayed will initiate a free air calibration on ALL connected wideband devices.

Remember that the 02 sensor must be out of the exhaust pipe unless the car hasn't been driven in some time.

The cable goes between the two, but there are 2 serial plugs on each and the pdf says that the terminator plug has to be in the (IN) of the LC-1 to work

I can get it to do the CAL thing and I can Hold it down and it will say RES but still -- -- also im pretty sure the XD-16 is working because I was able to connect to it and change all the needle colors, I didnt change anything else, because I dont know what I am doing, I couldnt get it to connect to the LC-1 with the same cable

superman_006
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Have you tried their forum?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/

posting now! Thanks again Mike

superman_006
04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
well In the forum the kept saying check you terminator plug and make sure its pluged all the way in. Mike seemed to know more about this thing than their own tech people that. I ended up removing it from the car and taking this photo, they decied that it was a bad LC-1, they said once they recieve this one, they will mail me another one out in about 6 working days if they cant repair it (parcel post) from CA 5-8 days, they said it may take 6 days to make sure its broke... LOL. So that I quess I'm looking a 2 weeks, I think its pretty crapy, I paid almost $400 and that included an express shipping for something broken then their going to take their sweet time, they said that the O2 sensor has NO warrnty at all, I remove it out of the exhaust

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/superman_006/ebay07128.jpg

samx
04-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Do you have the latest firmware loaded on the LC1 and xd16?