PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change

xAUDIx
04-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Of you guys do your own oil changes, Where do you dump your old oil?

ProOnThaSnow
04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Most auto parts stores will take it for free to recycle it. If not, bring it to a Jiffy Lube, or quick lube place, they'll take it for free as well.

And contrary to popular belief - those places that charge you for the "disposal fee" when you get your oil changed actually make money on that oil. So just give them shit about it next time you have a place do an oil change for you.

JaVa
04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
my local jiffy lube will take up to 5 gallons at a time for free as long as they find it "clean", no coolant, gas it it etc.

dukez
04-09-2007, 09:28 AM
My city, the garbage man will take care of the used oil as long as its in the proper waste container (a plastic milk carton w/ screw cap), they also provide ziplock bags for the used oil filters. Just leave it on the curb during pickup days. [up]

blackaudia4tk
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
its a great fire starter........and it depends on the place where i work charges you bc we have to pay to send it away most places use it for heating its usualy only like a $2 fee

seank
04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
my dad's friends repair shop, his furnace is setup to burn it for heat.

coyote24mn
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah pretty much any major quick lube place/parts store i think. i work at a jiffy lube (yeah, i know, i don't need to hear it again) and we take pretty much any non-contaminated oil usually no limit. we get payed for our used oil so it works our for everyone i guess. some of our shops have heaters that burn the used oil for heat, otherwise we sell it and it's used in a lot of cleaners and shingles i believe.

ChescoS6
04-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I usually give it to my friend who is a farmer. I'm not sure exactly what he uses it for.... he said they lubricate various farm machinery with it. I know he covers a lot of acres, mostly corn / soy fields. I've got about 20 quarts of used Mobil 1 in my shed that he needs to pick up.

ActiveMonkey
04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I take mine to Kragen. Free Dump.