PDA

View Full Version : B7 non-bbk upgrade for tracking for $500

johnnybravo!
04-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Ultimately I know a bbk would be the way to go if i continue to track my B7 2.0during the year. Im curious, how would say the ECStuning S4 345mm vented/slotted rotors($279 pair), Hawk Blue 9012 pads($200 pair for stock calipers),ss lines,Motul 600 upgrade hold up during a day of tracking. 4-5 20-30min. sessions?? I would need to buy the S4 carriers correct? Anyone with a similar setup that has more than just autox'ed?? I would be tracking @ Willow Springs and Buttonwillow for those that are familiar with these so Cali racetracks.[up]
peace

quattshot
04-13-2007, 02:22 PM
That setup should be fine.
Make sure you bed the pads before use and season the new rotors.
The break lines, fluid, BLEEDING your brakes, and pads will make the biggest difference. Are cars are so heavy that WARPING rotors can happen but the S4 rotors are larger, so you should be ok.....maybe.lol

I dont know how many events you will be doing annually but that is a good upgrade if you'll be running more then 3 events a year. Under 3, I would just change lines and pads AND NOT BLUE PADS. Those Blues are FULL RACE PADS and will chew your daily driven rotors up possibly.