PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use this pipe?

SurferForever
04-07-2007, 11:01 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Testpipe-Test-Pipe-Downpipe-Catless-Audi-B5-B6-A4-1-8T_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ010QQitemZ 200097154289QQrdZ1

vdub_15
04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
lol i was just going to make a thread asking the same question
They look not bad quality and the price is really good

AudiRacerS4
04-07-2007, 01:18 PM
ATP sells their 3'' TP for $148

europshhrc279
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
hmm that pipe doesnt look bad at all....ATP is 148 plus shipping and all comes out to like 160-180

europshhrc279
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
oh and ATP is 3" throughout..this one is 2.5

AudiRacerS4
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM
3'' is better IMO for better flow and the quality of that ebay TP doesn't look to good. I'd rather spend $30 more on the ATP one and do it right

nizmosx
04-07-2007, 02:44 PM
atp is not necesarily doing it right =) just get the jeff pipe the quality is superior

SoFresh
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I have a question, dont laugh, cause im serious... lol, I swear im gonna already get bashed on for asking this... but...

Has anyone ever made their own test pipe... Couldnt you simply use a piece of bent aluminum piping and 2 high temp couplers and t-bolts? Im not saying im thinking of trying it... but is it possible to do? Would it perform like crap or sound too loud?

4ringAR
04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I have a question, dont laugh, cause im serious... lol, I swear im gonna already get bashed on for asking this... but...

Has anyone ever made their own test pipe... Couldnt you simply use a piece of bent aluminum piping and 2 high temp couplers and t-bolts? Im not saying im thinking of trying it... but is it possible to do? Would it perform like crap or sound too loud?

i think my friend did this on his silverado. atfirst he gutted his cat, but i think that he later took it to performance wheel&tire and they made a little section of piping to fill in for the cat.

SoFresh
04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
i think my friend did this on his silverado. atfirst he gutted his cat, but i think that he later took it to performance wheel&tire and they made a little section of piping to fill in for the cat.

hmmm... interesting... see where I live there are no emission tests or anything that needs to be passed... anyone else try something like this?

CaSp3r9
04-07-2007, 04:42 PM

I don't doubt it could be done right so long as you use the right materials and are good enough at welding. It might be difficult to get it to sit perfectly because the angle of the piping needs to be right on and flanges need to sit perfectly flush against your down pipe and turbo.
If I were to do it I'd get the piping bent perfectly first then clamp the flanges onto the turbo and down pipe so you know they're sitting flush against each, slide the piping in there, line it all up, tack weld the flanges onto either side of the piping then remove it and lay a nice bead on the inside and outside of each flange.
Or you could just throw down $150 or so and buy one that you know is quality and won't fail you... which is what I'd do... lol

CaSp3r9
04-07-2007, 04:48 PM
hmmm... interesting... see where I live there are no emission tests or anything that needs to be passed... anyone else try something like this?

Lucky!!! I live in Oregon and I have some friends running catless on their Subaru's and Audi's, three of my buddies are all running 3" catless turboback setups on a Forrester XT, WRX and custom gt28 turbo'd 2.5rs... they're all loud as hell and stink but don't get bothered by cops around here. Emissions on the other hand... they all have to switch back to stock cats when they go in.

pac1085
04-07-2007, 04:51 PM

uhhhhhhhhh

1) aluminum can't take the heat of the exhaust
2) by couplers and t-bolt clamps im assuming you mean silicone

you got to be kidding me.

SoFresh
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
uhhhhhhhhh

1) aluminum can't take the heat of the exhaust
2) by couplers and t-bolt clamps im assuming you mean silicone

you got to be kidding me.

Question answered, lol. I was just curious if anyone tried. I wasnt sure what temp aluminum could withstand.