PDA

View Full Version : How many would be interested in a low budge WB controller?

Ewok_Fetus
04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
It should be in the works soon... But I am trying to find a cheaper way to come up with a wideband controller to work with some of the wideband gauges out there... Should be used with the gauges only... I will be working on this with an Electrical Engineer for Northrop Grumman that has 20+ years experience in engineering... If there is enough interest, these SHOULD be placed out in the next year or so and cost $50-$75 at the MOST unlike others that are $200+... This will not include a gauge at all, I may build them for certain gauges or for a variety. I first have to understand how the gauges work mostly... Some gauges may need certain inputs and whatnot that I haven't looked into just yet, but just want a tally of who would be interested?!

TQMB5
04-06-2007, 03:18 PM
me

NyteEscape
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
me x2

pac1085
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
so, $75 for controller, $75 for the WB O2 sensor, and $75 for the gauge isn't much cheaper than buying an innovate LC1/XD-16 combo which is proven comes with logging software, analog outputs, etc, in an environmentally suitible package. I'd take the innovate for the extra $75. (I should add that I already have one)

Ewok_Fetus
04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, let's see... I said $75 MAX so lets just say $55... Plus I can get the WB O2 for about $55 and the gauge from Innovate is about $80 at some places.

$55
+55
+80
-----
$190

Innovates FULL kit for just the stuff listed above is $290. Plus, you would have to buy the kit to get that price... At least my stuff you can buy at this price at any time as a kit or by themselves. Not everyone has money to pull out of their asses which is why I am doing this. I am not in it to make any money at all, just to help out the people that need it.

On the other hand, I need to do a bit of research on how the heating elements of these things work and if you even NEED the heating element hooked up at all... I know that the o2 sensors I will be using it for run best from 1300 to 1500 degrees F, so that means I will probably need to use the heater since the exhaust gases don't usually get up that high unless you are WOT. Like I said though, this is all going to be under development soon.

Ewok_Fetus
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Hahha, so it looks like I will make three of them.... For now at least.

AudiRacerS4
04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll take one