PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Transmission Problem!!

AudiRacerS4
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I was driving tonight and everything was fine, got off the highway crusing down the road when all of a sudden my tranny started acting up, I was in tip mode in 3rd gear put it in 4th and when I stepped on the gas teh car just revved to red line and the the tranny went into limp mode and all the gears lit up. I pulled over turned the car off and restarted it and it was fine until I put it in 4th again and the same thing happened. Reverse 1st 2nd and 3rd gear are fine and there are no noises coming from teh tranny and everything shifts smoothly until you put it in 4th. I had the tranny flushed and the filter and fluid changed 2 weeks ago with oem fluid. The rear diff was also flushed and refilled. Im getting a CEL P0734 which is 4th gear ration incorrect. ANyone know whats causing this problem? It sucks too becuase I had an appointment at AWE on tuesday for a tip chip install... [=(]

fr3nz33
04-05-2007, 08:44 PM
i had a similar problem but went away (temporarily at least) with a flush. but since you just got one, it sounds like some clutches and bands in fourth might be fubar'd. hopefully not, but if so, lvl10

speedydragon
04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
is 4th working on regular auto mode?

AudiRacerS4
04-06-2007, 05:24 AM
no 4th gear does no work at all