PDA

View Full Version : bad wheel bearing? windows dont work?

dmaize
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
so i did timing belt and after i reconnected the battery the windows no longer do 1 touch up and down, anyone know?.

and so today i got in my car and when i accelerate or brake the front passenger wheel goes thump thump thump thump at a rate depending on how fast i am going? is a wheel bearing? that's the only thing i can think of. and also. do i need to replace the whole hub or just the bearing.

by the way, my car is a 00 1.8t avant
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/dmaize/lake.jpg

sighpost
04-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Which wheel? Is your car a quattro? Is the sound a thump or does it sound more like metal on metal? Thumping sounds like the tire is rubbing on the wheel housing. A metal on metal grind is the sound of failing CV joint.

If you look around the archives you will find that window problem is easy to fix.

IKE20VA4
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
for the windows, you have to hold them in the down position for like 10 seconds to program the 1 touch feature. then again for up.

dmaize
04-05-2007, 06:12 PM
ok. i got the windows working again. thanks.

yeah i am quattro. all avants are. and it is a thump thump. but it will stop after a little while of driving. and starts again when i first get in the car. its only in the begining of my drive.