PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Plug Question (Pics)

Wilco
04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
My car's in the shop, so I can't see what my current plugs look like, but which of these goes into the ballast? I know one is for the high beams, and the other is for the HID low beams, but I don't know which is which.

I picked up some OEM Valeo ballasts and philips bulbs from Akinaboy (A+++ feedback btw [;)] ), but the plugs on the ballast don't match either of the ones pictured. My best guess is it is the top one, but I don't want to start cutting/splicing wires until I know which one to use.

Any help appreciated!

http://www.nickawilliams.com/images/misc/lightplugs.jpg

superman_006
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
You hook the ballast into the low beam wires if you've pull the whole harness out of the headlight use a test light, I wouldnt cut off the pigtail but buy some male connectors. The newer a4's came with the D1S HID Xenons 4300k, the 98.5 came with h7 halogen bulbs also there is fog lights inside OEM headlights so there is 3 bulbs

Your harness in the pic looks like the ebay projectors that have the little 194 bulb ( upper) the lower is a H7 pigtal which is your OEM hi and low bulbs

What headlight are you running

Wilco
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm adding a pair of Valeo Xenon/HID ecodes, and these plugs are part of the wiring harness. One harness came with the housings, and the other I actually bought separately from a fellow AZ'er, but they both have these plugs (along with the connectors for the levelling motors).

Wilco
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Bump

superman_006
04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Are those all you wires? If so then the bottom one HAS to go to your H7 Highbeam and the top one has to feed your ballasts

If your wire has more pigtails on it take another pic

Rosati
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Trust me its not hard, when you install them , youll know what goes where, its not something to be concerned about and plan ahead for.

but if you must know, the white and brown wires are for your high beams, the yellow and brown wires are for your low beams, Brown, being the negative for both.

Just tape off your city light connector , its the smallest one

akinaboy
04-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey, once you get the car and the headlight housings, inner side is high beam, so you need to look at the outer side parts for low beam. Anyways, since you have 8-pin plugs (which appears to me), you need to do a simple wiring mod. You basically need to go to a local hardware store to buy some wire tabs and tab those 2 wires (brown and red) onto the ballasts you got from me. They are for the power source and once you do that, you will be fine.
PM me if you have any other questions.