PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Racing seats...

Crisqo
06-24-2004, 09:12 PM
NooB Q...

Can anyone tell me why there is such a big range between the different types & brands of racing seats avilable?
What makes Sparco 3X the price of some other seats which look the same...(besides the name)

DarkkstaR
06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Quality of material, name recognition, and weight differences.

Many different factors, if I were you I would try to get out to some local serious tuner meets and ask to check seats out before you buy, or tuner shops that carry good name brands. You don't want to cheap out on seats.

Good luck in your search.

pdxa4
06-25-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by DarkkstaR

Many different factors, if I were you I would try to get out to some local serious tuner meets and ask to check seats out before you buy, or tuner shops that carry good name brands. You don't want to cheap out on seats.

Exactly...

You need to spend money for quality aftermarket seats...they is a huge difference in safety, comfort and quality...Recaro and Sparco are very well suited to Audi applications...

Crisqo
06-26-2004, 10:46 PM
You don't want to cheap out on seats.

Audi Cheaped out on the factory seats..
The Fake leather .....and not much body support....[:(]

littlewhite
06-27-2004, 12:55 AM
I saw in alot of Recaro and Sparco at a local shop, man they are totally different types of seats. Depends which ones that fits u the best, they are soooo comfortable and strapped in.

A Foore
06-27-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by DarkkstaR

It's the quality of the material that would make the difference along with quality of workmanship and comfort. If I were to pick up a racing seat, I'd go with a name brand like Sparco or Recaro. I've sat in a Sprint seat that looks identical to a Sparco seat, but that Sparco was more comfortable. Also heard those no name brand seats will not last as long and even fall apart. You get what you pay for.