PDA

View Full Version : Muffler questions, need help deciding on a muffler.

DarkkstaR
06-24-2004, 09:11 PM
I really want the remus universal single future muffler, but the inlet is only 2". How stupid is that? I wouldn't bother going 2.5" all the way back just to run a 2" inlet muffler. Dumb IMO.

What muffler companies sound decent and are a 'straight through' turbo muffler? I'm looking for mufflers that sound good and are single tip, not stupid looking. If you know of something, reasonably priced (under 200) let me know as I am going to putting a custom exhaust together in a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

I95Racer
06-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Audi sells a remus muffler for $360.

heres a link (http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=48&subcategory%5FID=194&product%5Fid=776)

littlewhite
06-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by I95Racer
Audi sells a remus muffler for $360.

heres a link (http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=48&subcategory%5FID=194&product%5Fid=776)

Is still 2" i believe

littlewhite
06-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DarkkstaR
I really want the remus universal single future muffler, but the inlet is only 2". How stupid is that? I wouldn't bother going 2.5" all the way back just to run a 2" inlet muffler. Dumb IMO.

What muffler companies sound decent and are a 'straight through' turbo muffler? I'm looking for mufflers that sound good and are single tip, not stupid looking. If you know of something, reasonably priced (under 200) let me know as I am going to putting a custom exhaust together in a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

1) Brullen got some universal muffler that are 2.5" inlet and i think single and dual outlet. I used to have one with my custom set up.

2) Check AWE for the rear Borla they have. Is around like $160 with tips

Devious27t
06-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DarkkstaR

just go with magnaflow it sounds good... that or borla