PDA

View Full Version : Help with Interior trim.

Jooce
06-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Here's my dilema. Pulling apart my interior trim, I've snapped the main dash piece that stretches from the right of the steering wheel all the way across the passengers side. I have to replace this piece but I'm trying to find a cheaper replacement rather than sticking with the stock S4 wood. I've pulled all the wood out of the car and is in the process of being painted as we speak. I have heard that the wood is alot more expensive than the other interior trims. I've also heard that the aluminum trim isnt very good to paint with. What other trim pieces are available that are untextured and are cheaper than the wood.

I hope you guys understand what i'm talking about.

Saturnine
06-24-2004, 02:08 PM
I dont think there is anything else besides the wood thats smooth.. The aluminum can be sanded down to a smooth finish and then repainted to whatever color you like..

I havent heard of anyone having problems refinishing Aluminum thou..

Kurzer
06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
If your painting it all anyway, can the peice be repaired? What about ABS cement to put it back together, then sand it smooth to match and paint to match the rest?

kjgarreau
06-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kurzer
If your painting it all anyway, can the peice be repaired? What about ABS cement to put it back together, then sand it smooth to match and paint to match the rest?

The pieces are like $40 apiece, I'd just buy a brand new one than going through that PITA.