PDA

View Full Version : Finally Running

mightemouce
03-29-2007, 07:54 AM
So finally got my car running but there are still a few bugs and was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what to check or what could be wrong.

1) In 1st gear there is a slight whine whenever on the gas if your just costing its fine, but in all the other gears the sound isn't present.

2)There seems to be a hum coming from the rear I would think and that is always present not very loud but it doesn't sound right.

3)There is a rattle in the front end sounds like passangers side almost sounds like a strut I'll look into that more when I get home today

4) When making a hard left turn or just jerking the wheel to the left real quick there will be a sound like something is rubbing (it has stock rims and tires)

Other than those four things the car seems to be great. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Burntaudi
03-29-2007, 06:41 PM
The whine in 1st gear is a missing tooth. The only way to fix it is to replace 1st gear which means replacing the main shaft.

TQMB5
03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
sounds like you have a bad wheel bearing as well, maybe bad control arms

mightemouce
03-30-2007, 07:10 AM
How Hard is it to do a wheel bearing on a quattro audi same as anything else ?

Burntaudi
03-30-2007, 07:19 AM
How Hard is it to do a wheel bearing on a quattro audi same as anything else ?

The bearing are sealed. The old one needs to be pressed out and the new pressed back in. Easiest way is to either drop the car off or if you wanna save some money pull the spindles from the car and drop those off.