PDA

View Full Version : Cutting bump stops

europshhrc279
03-26-2007, 07:47 PM
alright so when i installed my tein s-tech springs i forgot to trim the bump stop up front so the car doesnt sit as low as it should in the front. Tein gives you the measurment to cut off the bump stop in their instructions for my car but i forgot...id like to lower the front a bit more because the back sits flush with the tires and has about a 1 finger gap or even no finger gap. Ive seen how it looks on other cars and im guessing they had the bump stops trimmed apropriately.Thing is i dont really want to have to dismount my shocks and springs and cut the bump stop while its off..cant i trim the piece i need to trim if i jack up the car and cut the peice and keep cutting till if comes off? any suggestions? i only need to do about an inch in the front only

BlackB5Avant
03-26-2007, 09:42 PM
i dont think the bumpstops have anything to do with ride height. when i installed my coilovers the first time i forgot to put it in. i was tired so left it out for a couple of days and then stuck it back in. i set it to the exact came place and ride height was unchanged. They are there to stop the strut from bottoming out on the roof of the shock body. unless you have a FWD then it may be different all-togeather

but to answer your question, it would be pretty hard to trim one without taking it off of the strut.

europshhrc279
03-27-2007, 03:46 AM
yeah my car is fwd thats why...im gonna give it a try later with a knife or a blade and make relief cuts as i go

europshhrc279
03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
GOOD NEWS! I tried it today like 30 min ago and it worked!!! did it with a knife while the car was jacked up..the car is defenitley that bit lower that i was looking...love the drop now..sits dead even all around