PDA

View Full Version : Hard Start

ct1.8t4me
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
For the last few days my car has been hard to start - It seems like a fueling issue to me because if I turn the key to ON for a minute and let the fuel pump power up, it seems like it starts easier.

Last night I finished up on replacing the fuel filter which had not been replaced since 1999, but that didn't solve the problem. The only other thing I can think of is the O-Rings on the FPR. I have been switching back and forth between a 4 BAR FPR and a 5 BAR unit over the last few weeks and I'm wondering if the O-Rings are worn. Could this cause the system to de-pressurize enough to cause the delay in starting?

Any other ideas?

Poopie
03-26-2007, 01:39 PM
do you have any codes for your throttle body?

How about your coolant sensor?

are these morning starts or starts when the engine is already warm?

ct1.8t4me
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
do you have any codes for your throttle body?

How about your coolant sensor?

are these morning starts or starts when the engine is already warm?

No codes. Coolant Sensor was replaced about 9,000 miles ago.

This is mainly cold starts. I just ran out to the store and when I went out to start the car it started right up - but after not having started since last night, it took some cranking. Turns over just fine, not slow to turn, just slow to fire.

ct1.8t4me
03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Wow- this place is dead the last few days.

Anybody have any ideas? Should I just go ahead and replace the O-Rings on the FPR? Anything else I should look for?

Like I said, it doesn't feel sluggish like on a really cold morning - it has warmed up here quite a bit - it cranks just fine, it feels like the fuel just isn't there right away and if I prime the fuel lines by waiting, it speeds things up a bit.