PDA

View Full Version : Climate control... [headbang]

lilman05
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix a climate control that works fine, but half of the lights on the unit are out. Both displays work but the fan speed - + and the up down and vent lights don't work. basically the half of the unit that is closest to the passenger doesn't light up. Is there any way to fix this? Anyone else have this issue. Anyone have a climate control they could sell me? I need one fast. The reason I need one is becuase I am putting in a dvd player and once I put it all together I don't want to take it apart to change it. Anyone wanna trade? Ill pay them $$. Oh and its for a 1996 A4. Thanks!

lilman05
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Ok so I just realized I can't put smiles in the tittle. Upps.

jbrentd
03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Are you talking about the backlights for the buttons or for the LED screen? If it's the buttons, you probably just need to replace some bulbs. You can get them at www.audi-parts-direct.com .

The CC lights are the green based bulbs like this.
http://12.153.160.115/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/imc/images/tn/893919040A.jpg

lilman05
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
They are the buttons that are not turning on. The lcds are fine. THe thing is all the buttons on the left side went out so I dont think it could be that all the bulbs on one side randomly went out. Maybe a loose wire? Anyone have experience with this?

jbrentd
03-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Have you taken the unit out and looked behind it? The buttons are in sections. There are four bulbs back there. You probably just have one or two out. I had the same problem.

lilman05
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
O ok. I haven't taken it apart but will today. Thanks so much for the help man.

lilman05
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
So I took out the climate control unit, and switched bulbs and it worked! Thanks so much for the help. The only reason I doubted the bulbs was because when I talked to the dealership they said there was NO WAY to change bulbs. It was actually pretty simple. I dont know why the guy at the dealership said that. Anyway thanks again.

jbrentd
03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
They don't call them the stealership for nothing.

badlandz
01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Are you talking about the backlights for the buttons or for the LED screen?

What if it's the LED Screens? Mine are way to dim to see in almost any light. They are there, but just very very dim...

jbrentd
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Your bulbs are out and they are easy to replace. ECS sells them. The CC bulbs are green, iirc.

badlandz
01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Your bulbs are out and they are easy to replace. ECS sells them. The CC bulbs are green, iirc.

Hrm. I scanned ECS Tunings website, and I don't see anything like that.

The numbers are red, I think, they are really really dim, but I'm pretty sure they are Red. And I don't think the numbers are just a bulb, I think they are a board.

I read somewhere that on some cars the interior light dimmers for the CC default to the dimmest setting if wires aren't connected? And that one might run through the stereo for the dimmer?

jbrentd
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Take it from someone who's actually had it apart. Mine was doing the same thing. There are four bulbs back there. Take a look at this.

http://audi.kris-hansen.com/ccfix.htm

ThatA4T
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
when my climate control is on its kinda noisy... why is this? and i just did the double din swap and i never had this problem before

badlandz
01-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Take it from someone who's actually had it apart. Mine was doing the same thing. There are four bulbs back there. Take a look at this.

http://audi.kris-hansen.com/ccfix.htm

That's a great link, thanks! Found them cheap, under $1.50 ea, shipping is a bit much, but... worth it if they work!

EDIT: Found found autohausaz has them for $1.03, could have got them cheaper and faster (I'm in AZ). Already ordered though, there goes a couple dollars down the drain :-(

EDIT2: bulbs received, installed, and worked great, problem solved!! :-)

badlandz
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
There are problems of others above mine not answered... Just wanted to point that out.

Anyway, the center two bulbs should NOT be the 2W green base, it looked ok in daytime. But at night it's WAY wrong, bright as hell, you can almost see the outlines of what is off as bright as what's on. The middle two bulbs are 0.8 to 1.1 watt bulb, should cost no more than $1.50 each plus (no more than $5 SHIPPING). Hope that helps someone else.

If anyone in Tucson needs a 2.0W bulb, let me know, I have 4 right now, I can probably help you out.