PDA

View Full Version : Replaced vac lines today

theskuh
03-25-2007, 05:10 PM
So I replaced all the vac lines today. Trying to bring my car up to a decent working order before I start modding. What a difference that made. The car seems to be a lot more responsive. They where all the orignal lines and they where crap. I thought it would be a more complicated job but I pulled the manifold to intercooler hose off and that made it easy to get my hands in there.

The front vac line was split in half so I rigged it with a larger hose to kinda splice it while doing my TB (i didn't have any vac hose on hand). But I dunno if that even did anything cause it was split in like 4 other places. So now it they are all replaced with new 5/32 lines. Took her out for a drive and she seemed more responsive down low and lot smoother. I am hoping I can wring some more gas milage out of the car cause I am getting 25 miles a gallon now. Going to test for boost leaks soon.

On another note. Does anyone replace the hard coolant line on top of the engine with braided line? Seems like it could possibly be a good idea.

ActiveMonkey
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
25mpg... DAYMN, lucky sob.

I get 19mpg if i'm calm.

theskuh
03-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah,

This is totally stock though. So fun to step on it but not quite addicting.

while I was doing this it looked like the PCV valve on the hose going from the intake down to the subframe ic tube thing, was somewhat split. it looked like one side was slightly higher. I have been looking for this part but can't seem to find it. does any one know what it is or where I can find one part # etc?

thanks

Ewok_Fetus
03-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Hahaha, my mileage went up after I went from Upsolute tuning to GIAC... And with more power with the GIAC I have been rodding it everywhere too!! I now get 22 MPG and wonder what I could get if I took it easy for at least one tank!!

SeanF
03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
i get 350-400miles to a tank...

well, that was prior to the k04... with just a k03 GIAC chip.. i havent had the k04 working 100% correctly, so i dunno about mileage...

SeanF
03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
that pcv valve is like $28 at ECStuning.com

theskuh
03-26-2007, 03:14 AM
yeah thanks. it is the pressure regulator valve. took me a while to find it.