PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Alan
03-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Well Ive been having a pretty tough time with my 1.8T. First the turbo blew, my engine ran hot, my chip went bad, and yesterday my Cat blew off. Im pretty pissed, and Im unsure as what to do next.

This is what my friends and I thought, does this make sense? I have been throwing the multiple misfire, misfire in cyl 1 code. We replaced plugs+ coilpacks. But after running the car for a few hours pretty hard last night, the weld snapped off at my cat flange. Could it have been a clogged cat that caused my exhaust to overheat and the weld to snap?

And I'm getting a High-flow cat as a replacement, but Im unsure as what to do. My dad was going to get wheels/tires/suspension for me if my grades are good, and I was planning on getting a custom exhaust. But Im sick of my car in the garage all the time. Its got 102000 miles on it. Is it worth it to mod it, or shouldn't I bother? And what other wear items should I expect int he near future other than TB.

Lazer Viking
03-25-2007, 11:17 AM
cat comming off is becoming a more common issue.. and yes, at 102 its still worth it to mod

dubiraq05
03-25-2007, 11:48 AM
i got 156,xxx and a bt set up runs great so far:)

ShawFM
03-25-2007, 11:49 AM
...But Im sick of my car in the garage all the time. Its got 102000 miles on it. Is it worth it to mod it, or shouldn't I bother? And what other wear items should I expect int he near future other than TB.
At 102k miles if the timing belt has not been done. I would do that before I would spend a penny on an exhaust. Or your car will be in the garage for a long time while you repair the head and possibly the block inaddition to just the timing belt.

Alan
03-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Nah, timing belt has been twice so far. We replaced it just for the hell of it when we bought it. Im just sayting is there any other parts that fail often/